Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Few More New Toys

with that DAB unit, can it be fitted to a stock IS radio, without aux in etc?? i ask because i was looking at one in the US, but decided against it because i was unsure about compatibility etc. i have the 13902?? stereo and that doesn't work with the prolex aux in connector, so wondering if its do-able without??

I did a quick search on eBay for the DAB unit Stav showed, it also has an FM modulator in it so that you can tune your stock radio to a free frequency.

cheers for the info matey. don't wanna go that route unfortunately. i have a tiny antenna on the car and radio reception isn't as good as it was before (never listen to radio anyhow). That aside, my past experience with FM modulators is bad, never liked them, never get a good enough signal. if there was another way then that'd be wicked!!

I think the FM modulator is actually fed inline (cable) to your antenna cable so should in theory work very well regardless of stock antenna or location.

What a difference the dash tray makes mate, looks great.

Where did you get the tray mate & how much ?

Got it from American eBay mate, think it was about £90 delivered.

only just seen this thread. looks great stav. good figures mate.

couple questions if i may:

can an IS s/c be mapped without using such a fancy ECU? what's the minimum standard ECU that can be used??

with that DAB unit, can it be fitted to a stock IS radio, without aux in etc?? i ask because i was looking at one in the US, but decided against it because i was unsure about compatibility etc. i have the 13902?? stereo and that doesn't work with the prolex aux in connector, so wondering if its do-able without??

cheers

rob

I reckon you could use the Emanage Blue, though you would need the full harness for it.

if you seriously looking into it, drop me a pm and i'll talk it through with you.

Looking well mate!

How much work is that AEM AFR monitor to fit?

Tempted myself to get something like that if I start pushing this thing much more!

The monitor was about £200 i think, not too hard to fit, i took the standard third sensor out (i've no main cat, though if you do it has to go before it), fitted a O2 simulator for that signal, and put the wideband in its place.

I did a quick search on eBay for the DAB unit Stav showed, it also has an FM modulator in it so that you can tune your stock radio to a free frequency.

I think the FM modulator is actually fed inline (cable) to your antenna cable so should in theory work very well regardless of stock antenna or location.

Thats right, you can either use the Aux in on your stereo (then the DAB has its own Aux in so you can use that)

Or as it has been said, you can use the fm modulator. and it is hardwired, so you plug the standard Aerial into the DAB brain then from the brain to the stereo.

And thank you everyone for your comments. Got a few more bits and bobs to fit but they can wait for now.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links