Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Few More New Toys

Right, as has been said in another thread the power figures on my car have indeed risen lately as i had some work done on the car in the past month.

First off i went to Steves at Charlesworth motors and got my Cam-belt changed. £200 including belt and tensioner. which i though was an excellent price and their very well recommended by a few people on here.

Also while it was there i had a SPEC stage 2 clutch fitted. This is a Kevlar faced clutch thats meant to be good for 450lb/ft or Torque so should do the job lol.

It had come from America and including import charges was very reasonably priced.

However. When it was fitted there was a problem. It felt like a paddle clutch and was juddering as you fed the clutch in in first. It was suspected that maybe the clutch plate was slightly warped.

However this isn't the fault of Charlesworths as I'd supplied it so i decided to go through the run-in period and see if it evened out.

Its been in now for over 1000 miles and seems to be a lot better. Its only in first gear you notice it and its getting less and less juddery so all should be fine.

The proof will be in how long it lasts. As i had the Helix Organic in only a year and a bit and that was down to the rivets when it was removed!

Anyway once this was done the next day it was off to Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield as over the Summer i had fitted a Greddy Emanage Ultimate Piggyback ECU.

These are the lads that have mapped Sams IS200Turbo and another Prolex MR2 and both have reported excellent service.

So i took the car down. Had a chat beforehand and they explained everything to me and i told them what i wanted and left it with them overnight. When i left the car it had last been mapped at HyperSR in Wigan and was 217bhp and 202lb/ft of Torque.

Came to pick it back up the next day and was pleasantly surprised.

Noblemap.jpg

228.9bhp and 200lb/ft

While there was a 2lb/ft drop in Torque, look how smooth the curve is!

All the car has is the standard TTE kit running 0.3bar with a bigger intercooler and induction kit. All that's got the extra bhp from 217 is a decent fuelling map.

Must say I'm very very pleased with the result. but what to do to it next lol

also had another couple of bits new recently:

a lovely engine cover custom made by Aztecbandit:

EngineCover-1.jpg

a DAB attachment for my stereo. It either taps into the standard aerial or as an AUX IN (which i have it on) and picks up DAB radio. much clearer than standard and a bargain at £29 brand new!

DAB.jpg

A shiny new camera fitted in the front bumper:

Newcamera.jpg

The old one got Snow in it at the Nurburgring so i got a decent more expensive one.

And finally:

GaugeAirvent.jpg

Custom gauge mount. Bought the unfinished article from Boergy and then using Wozza's Fascia thread finished it off to match the dash.

Replaces the centre vents and look great IMHO.

unfortunately as you can see the tops been cut up so wanting a Dash tray with lid to cover that up.

So if anyone's got one I'll pay decent money for it if you want to get rid!

And thats just a few on the new bits on my motor.

See the full list here: StavLexus.co.nr

What does everyone think?

Stav

Good stuff m8 it's look excellant in the Dash looks stock apart from the holes look a bit big though, I take it they don't move around as they would annoy me lol ;)

like the carmera as well..

And finally those sort of figures sound better if you ask me for the money you spend on a S/C 200bhpish doesn't sound enough :(

Very impressive (flat) torque curve !

That price for a cam belt change sounds amazing. Did they not bundle it in with the clutch work they were doing though (sounds like it was done together with that ?) and therefore were able to charge you less ?

Bit confused about how your max torque has gone down, and bhp up ? Are these figures at the wheels ? And is that what they were before too ?

Very nice mate, whats the gauges :question: boost etc

Exhaust Temp on the left, though thats gonna be replaced it was just a cheap gauge that looked right and was the right size.

Air Fuel Ratio wideband meter in the middle

and Boost on the right.

Good stuff m8 it's look excellant in the Dash looks stock apart from the holes look a bit big though, I take it they don't move around as they would annoy me lol ;)

like the carmera as well..

And finally those sort of figures sound better if you ask me for the money you spend on a S/C 200bhpish doesn't sound enough :(

No the gauges have clamps on the back so they dont move at all.

Good work Stav! Well Done mate! :D

What is that DAB radio you have? Seems like something to get for the Aristo ;)

Its from here: http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/promotion_...earance_p-5.htm

You get that little control unit to mount on the dash, a box to hide away, all the wires, and an aerial as well. All for £30. great price IMHO.

Very impressive (flat) torque curve !

That price for a cam belt change sounds amazing. Did they not bundle it in with the clutch work they were doing though (sounds like it was done together with that ?) and therefore were able to charge you less ?

Bit confused about how your max torque has gone down, and bhp up ? Are these figures at the wheels ? And is that what they were before too ?

No the Cambelt was a standalone price. Give him a ring his works excellent. Gord, Sam, Raj, and lots of others will vouch for that.

Thats the thing with bhp and torque they can be a compromise when your only playing with fuelling.

That Dyno chart is incredible, no dips anywhere !! Gauges lookin good too Stav, nice work mate :D

Anyway for costs....

Greddy Emanage Ultimate Piggyback ECU = £ ?

Noble Motorsport Map = £ ?

Costs:

Emanage Ultimates are about £3-4hundred plus another £50ish for the pressure sensor.

The mapping was a set £500, thats a day and a halfs mapping.

I fitted it myself but thats a few hours work.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Just trying to decide what to do next lol

• 1 month later...

only just seen this thread. looks great stav. good figures mate.

couple questions if i may:

can an IS s/c be mapped without using such a fancy ECU? what's the minimum standard ECU that can be used??

with that DAB unit, can it be fitted to a stock IS radio, without aux in etc?? i ask because i was looking at one in the US, but decided against it because i was unsure about compatibility etc. i have the 13902?? stereo and that doesn't work with the prolex aux in connector, so wondering if its do-able without??

cheers

rob

with that DAB unit, can it be fitted to a stock IS radio, without aux in etc?? i ask because i was looking at one in the US, but decided against it because i was unsure about compatibility etc. i have the 13902?? stereo and that doesn't work with the prolex aux in connector, so wondering if its do-able without??

I did a quick search on eBay for the DAB unit Stav showed, it also has an FM modulator in it so that you can tune your stock radio to a free frequency.

I did a quick search on eBay for the DAB unit Stav showed, it also has an FM modulator in it so that you can tune your stock radio to a free frequency.

cheers for the info matey. don't wanna go that route unfortunately. i have a tiny antenna on the car and radio reception isn't as good as it was before (never listen to radio anyhow). That aside, my past experience with FM modulators is bad, never liked them, never get a good enough signal. if there was another way then that'd be wicked!!

cheers for the info matey. don't wanna go that route unfortunately. i have a tiny antenna on the car and radio reception isn't as good as it was before (never listen to radio anyhow). That aside, my past experience with FM modulators is bad, never liked them, never get a good enough signal. if there was another way then that'd be wicked!!

you can get some that plug into your aerial so that its a direct fed into the fm tuner.

Same DAB unit as mine. See great minds do think alike!!

The only thing I don't like is the aerial (Its ugly) and the wiring is not long enough to mount it on the rear window, therefore out of sight, so at the moment it is not fitted, it would have to come out when the Pioneer radio goes in any way.