Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Desperate Times.

Andy-R

With no disrespect to anyone intended, the current financial climate has basically forced me to go and do some work in a warehouse unloading wagons for minimum wage :crying: I'm totally not a snob, certainly not afraid of hard graft as thats all i've ever done as a carpet fitter, I don't even think i'll mind the work it's just the level of pay is ridiculous, what i'm going to earn in a day i'd usually earn in an hour. Not looking for sympathy as i've got no choice but to do whatever work I have to as i've 2 kids to look after but surely the minimum wage should be higher, especially for people who actualy want to work :angry:

Sort of, it's a mate who owns a transport company (and an Aston ) anyway he's said there's work there if I want it and with the housing market on it's bottom hole i've no choice, I think i'll be working with scally's who've never done a hard days work in there life, apparently they come in ask for work then F :tsktsk: k off after 3 hours because it's too hard :lol:

not much of a mate then :crybaby:

round our way places like toys r us,royal mail and most of the big warehouses are taking on for xmas and paying more than minimum wage.

id expect that for something like a cleaning job or something,what about driving a van or something for the distribution companys you get paid a standard wage then a bonus per drop or delivery

i know what you mean,last year the company i worked for had a contract with an agency for some polish workers, work went low so they put us on 20hr week except the agency workers :tsktsk: to cut the story short there was nothing i could do about it legally so i found another job and left. the system can be very unfair. good luck with looking for other work. :)

Cheers Bud, i'm hoping I don't have to wind up my own business and the housing market will pick up soon (not holding my breath tho) this is just a stop gap, i've got a couple of options but have to wait untill Feb to explore them.

Does mean the cars on hold tho, unless Santa come through for me :lol:

been in the same situation years ago, always found driving work always available and not such hard graft for the low pay... apart from 80 multi drop in an unfamiliar area.. but not all bad.

Pleading to people who are in the same situation. Even these goons in the city banks live to their means....what a shame there struggling!!!

Fingers crossed mate good things are round the corner....just not sure when...

:crybaby: well this is just to make you feel better matey, I have sorta being out of work now for 3 weeks, I have being driving round and round looking for work and can't find any, didn't want to sign on as I find that £60 a week is an insult for working all my life. having to go and sign on and get greif for being late, if I had my way I would and may tell them to stick there £60.

Christmas this year is cancelled and I'm going to hibernate till things get better..

:whistling:

Well, went on Wed morning 8am got home at 9pm and worked non stop me and another lad handballing 12000 boxes of noodles off 2, 40 foot containers, went back yesterday and did the same but was home at 6pm as there was 3 of us on each container, then today went and fitted a carpet took me an hour and made as much as I made in 10 and half yesterday. Spoke to the owner today tho and he's said because i'm self employed if I sort my own tax he can pay me more an hour, so it's not all bad, anyway doing 2 days again next week, really really sore tho, that's really hard work.