Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CAN ANY ONE HELP,I HAVE A GS300 1998. MY Battery LIGHT CAME ON SO I PUT NEW Battery ON, AND MY LIGHT STILL ON,SO I HAD ALTERNATER CHECKED AND HAD IT SERVICED TODAY WITH NEW REGULATER FITTED IN IT.BUT MY AC LIGHT FLICKERS AFTER A SHORT TIME AND MY Battery LIGHT STILL COMES ON WHEN I PUT FULL LOCKON WHEELS AND GOS OUT WHEN STRAIGHTEN UP, NOT SURE IF MY Battery IS DOWN A LITTLE.WOULD BE VERY GRAITFULL IF ANYONE AS ENCOUNTERD THE SAME PROBLE.

DON

CAN ANY ONE HELP,I HAVE A GS300 1998. MY BATTERY LIGHT CAME ON SO I PUT NEW BATTERY ON, AND MY LIGHT STILL ON,SO I HAD ALTERNATER CHECKED AND HAD IT SERVICED TODAY WITH NEW REGULATER FITTED IN IT.BUT MY AC LIGHT FLICKERS AFTER A SHORT TIME AND MY BATTERY LIGHT STILL COMES ON WHEN I PUT FULL LOCKON WHEELS AND GOS OUT WHEN STRAIGHTEN UP, NOT SURE IF MY BATTERY IS DOWN A LITTLE.WOULD BE VERY GRAITFULL IF ANYONE AS ENCOUNTERD THE SAME PROBLE.

DON

Is your Battery tightened down securely? Are the terminals tight and the wires in good condition?

CAN ANY ONE HELP,I HAVE A GS300 1998. MY BATTERY LIGHT CAME ON SO I PUT NEW BATTERY ON, AND MY LIGHT STILL ON,SO I HAD ALTERNATER CHECKED AND HAD IT SERVICED TODAY WITH NEW REGULATER FITTED IN IT.BUT MY AC LIGHT FLICKERS AFTER A SHORT TIME AND MY BATTERY LIGHT STILL COMES ON WHEN I PUT FULL LOCKON WHEELS AND GOS OUT WHEN STRAIGHTEN UP, NOT SURE IF MY BATTERY IS DOWN A LITTLE.WOULD BE VERY GRAITFULL IF ANYONE AS ENCOUNTERD THE SAME PROBLE.

DON

Is your Battery tightened down securely? Are the terminals tight and the wires in good condition?

YES IT IS

Is there a belt than runs round the alternator, A/C and PAS, it could be slipping or loose therefore meaning the A/C won't work properley, the steering/PAS will have trouble and the alternator won't work properley.

THERE IS ONLY ONE BELT AND THATS OK, AS FAR AS I CAN SEE A/C AND PAS IS ALL ELECTRIC

Can you turn your caps lock off it means you are shouting

Sorry

I think I may have found prolem,I think its the tention pully,will let you now after I get it fxed.

Don

Sorry

I think I may have found prolem,I think its the tention pully,will let you now after I get it fxed.

Don

Well still have Battery light coming on?

have put new Battery on

had alternater serviced

had new pully tenstioner

dont now what else it could be

anyone had any ideas

Don

As anyone had this problem I got ?

As you can see all I have done, but problem is still the same

My a/c starts to flash atfer a few minutes and on full lock the Battery light comes on,if you look at all the pullies and turn to full lock the fan belt ether stops or creaps slow,I thick this is what may be creating the problem

I was told today that it could be the crank shaft pully, the front and back plate of pully as a rubber doughnut between attaching them to together and this as broken away.(is this correct)

Many Thanks

Don

Well everyone

my car is now in for the crank pully and it will take 48 hours for Lexus to get it, I have change everything else so if this dont work I dont now what else it

could be,

Don

Sorry

Don

Well still have Battery light coming on?

have put new Battery on

had alternater serviced

had new pully tenstioner

dont now what else it could be

anyone had any ideas

Don

As anyone had this problem I got ?

As you can see all I have done, but problem is still the same

My a/c starts to flash atfer a few minutes and on full lock the Battery light comes on,if you look at all the pullies and turn to full lock the fan belt ether stops or creaps slow,I thick this is what may be creating the problem

I was told today that it could be the crank shaft pully, the front and back plate of pully as a rubber doughnut between attaching them to together and this as broken away.(is this correct)

Many Thanks

Don

Well everyone

my car is now in for the crank pully and it will take 48 hours for Lexus to get it, I have change everything else so if this dont work I dont now what else it

could be,

Don

Hi everyone

As I am new to Lexus Furum, I hope I have used this Furum ok for you to under stand?

Anyway picked my baby up at 6 last night,and I think my problem as been fixed,my llights are a lot brighter aswell.

IT as cost me a few bob overall but my baby is worth it.

Myself I have never seen a pully that as a rubber noughnut,and when this parts or splits,you cant tell unless you now what your looking for.

All I can say to anyone is to lift hood with engine running,with A/C on and full lock on wheels,that is one person turning wheel and you looking at fan belt,mine slowed right down to just turning or stopped,and if you look at crank pully the back is turnig but the front is not.

I hope my problem helps anyone else,I would be gaitfull of any comments.

O by the way I have a spair tention pully

Many thanks and merry xmas to all

Don

Hi everyone

As I am new to Lexus Furum, I hope I have used this Furum ok for you to under stand?

Anyway picked my baby up at 6 last night,and I think my problem as been fixed,my llights are a lot brighter aswell.

IT as cost me a few bob overall but my baby is worth it.

Myself I have never seen a pully that as a rubber noughnut,and when this parts or splits,you cant tell unless you now what your looking for.

All I can say to anyone is to lift hood with engine running,with A/C on and full lock on wheels,that is one person turning wheel and you looking at fan belt,mine slowed right down to just turning or stopped,and if you look at crank pully the back is turnig but the front is not.

I hope my problem helps anyone else,I would be gaitfull of any comments.

O by the way I have a spair tention pully

Many thanks and merry xmas to all

Don

Nice one Don, glad your problem's fixed and could be useful info for someone else as you say

Merry Christmas to you too :)

Cheers,

Paul

• 1 month later...

All the above is also happening to me.

And i have the same problem ,The outer metal pulley

has broke away from the main alloy center pulley.

Seems a commmon fault on older cars.

Who's cheapest for a new pulley then???????

Glad to hear this my notes on here as helped.

I got my local garage to do this job for me,which cost with the part £283.04

but before that it cost me £61 for Battery,£135 for the altrnator service,

These to two Idont mind as they needed doing anyway,but I little pig sick about paying out money on a pully tensioner £200 fitted which was needed (cost of part from Lexus was £126).

Anyway nice to hear I have helped someone,

Don

These to two Idont mind as they needed doing anyway,but I little pig sick about paying out money on a pully tensioner £200 fitted which was needed (cost of part from Lexus was £126).

Don

Sorry spelling mistake pully tenstioner WAS NOT NEEDED

Don

Don

Sorry spelling mistake pully tenstioner WAS NOT NEEDED

Don

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links