Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Light

Hi,

I have a Lexus IS200 SE 2000 model, just the other day the TRC OFF light started flashing and it has been doing so today as well. Does anyone know why this is happening? It happened a couple weeks ago as well and the garage just disconnected the Battery and that fixed it for then. And now I have had a new Battery installed jst a few days ago and this is flashing again.

:-(

I think the lack of traction is a car with skiddy bits behind it light, im pretty sure I have had mine do this ages ago all i did was went on a bit of dirt and with the Traction Control off did a little wheel spin and it sorted it, for me anyway.

I normally drive with TRC off anyway as i hate the way the car takes the throttle away when pulling out of junctions onto fast roads.

nah mine just flashes when i start the car on even if i dont drive it :-S The car drives fine but just the light keeps flashing. Ive tried pressing the Traction off button but that has no effect.

Anyone have any idea or other suggestions.........?

nah mine just flashes when i start the car on even if i dont drive it :-S The car drives fine but just the light keeps flashing. Ive tried pressing the Traction off button but that has no effect.

Anyone have any idea or other suggestions.........?

One of your ABS sensors then :o

how much do they roughly cost.......? Is it still okay to drive the car tho?

You need to have any codes read that you might have to see 100% the ABS sensor mate, but i think thay about £80ish, yes you can still drive, just dont go 90mph onto any roundabouts :winky:

haha alrite Thanks guys. Yeah i will need to get a diagnosis done anyway to see which abs sensor needs changing if that is the case.

I dont think ill be doin 90 at all in the current weather, too icey and rear wheel drive........not a good equation

haha alrite Thanks guys. Yeah i will need to get a diagnosis done anyway to see which abs sensor needs changing if that is the case.

I dont think ill be doin 90 at all in the current weather, too icey and rear wheel drive........not a good equation

Yes you will Dan :D