Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Arbs Any Good

Asi

ARBs definitely improve handling when going around corners - they cut back body roll - the harder ARBs you get the more body roll is reduced.

Added the Yellow TRDs to my IS years ago when it was on standard suspension and the difference was immediately obvious - people who have the car on coilovers report they do less though as the lower body roll already has reduced the roll so they don't feel it so much.

Definitely worth an investment IMHO.

ARBs definitely improve handling when going around corners - they cut back body roll - the harder ARBs you get the more body roll is reduced.

Added the Yellow TRDs to my IS years ago when it was on standard suspension and the difference was immediately obvious - people who have the car on coilovers report they do less though as the lower body roll already has reduced the roll so they don't feel it so much.

Definitely worth an investment IMHO.

right thanks so which ones would you advise from the above

thanks

Dave is selling both of those - I'd say from a quick look at those pics the C-One's would be the best performing as they're thicker, they're probably designed for racing so the Cusco may be better for a daily driver on the UK roads though - Dave or anyone who has either of these would be better placed to comment as my IS went years ago!

I recently had C-One ARBs fitted to my IS200. They are absolutely awesome ! :D

The C-One ARBs come not only with their own bushes, but new brackets for the front too. The new brackets are much stronger than the OEM ones (which look incredibly flimsy by comparison), being made out of thicker steel and being braced as well.

The ARBs will make a *very*big difference to your car's handling. Instead of leaning when going around corners, it will be much flatter, making it much more fun and controllable. You can more easily put the power down in a corner because the car is flatter so the weight is distributed a lot more easily.

You will feel the difference at quite low speeds, e.g. going round a roundabout.

I also had C-Ones fitted recently along with Eibach springs. There is still a tiny bit of roll but the car might as well be flat round the corners compared with before. Put it this was im going round some corners at 40 where i wasn't confident of going much faster than 30 round before.

I also had C-Ones fitted recently along with Eibach springs. There is still a tiny bit of roll but the car might as well be flat round the corners compared with before. Put it this was im going round some corners at 40 where i wasn't confident of going much faster than 30 round before.

that sounds good 40 around a corner

thanks mate

wozza do you have them if yes then wich ones

Wozza has the TTE bars. They were discontinued a while back, so are very hard to get hold of. Although TDi did have a single set in stock relatively recently.

does the rs200 altezza have these as standard reason i say this is there is a black strenghting bar beside the bottom of my beams block

C-One, as they are the ones i have. They retain the feel of the car while almost eliminating body roll. The TTE bars have roughly the same stiffness as do the Cusco. However neither come with new bushes and brackets and the C-Ones do. IMO the hotchkis are too stiff and may encourage more overstear, but thats a good thing if you want your back out more often. Also may get a little bit a waddling at the rear, where the back end wobbles a lot on uneven roads.

The links Steve provided above should give you all the info you need.

does the rs200 altezza have these as standard reason i say this is there is a black strenghting bar beside the bottom of my beams block

That sounds like a suspension brace perhaps, not an anti-roll bar. I don't know if that's standard on the RS200 but I tend to doubt it, I would guess that someone has added that. I don't think the RS200 has any sort of upgraded ARB as standard from the factory, but one of our Altezza experts may be able to say more.

which arbs would you recommend

As edeath said, check out the links to old threads on this subject. I asked the same question recently and there was quite a big discussion on the subject. After all the input from others I went with the C-One ARBs and I am *very* happy with them ! :D