Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alternate Indicators

Well a few months away at the WIM meet Geoffers suggested a very interesting idea.

I have a set of the LED strips in Amber at the bottom of my bumper. These were connected to my indicators and flashed in time with them.

Geoffers however suggested having them opposing each other. So he very kindly designed a circuit for me. and then completely out of the blue built me a set as well.

So really all the congrats and thanks has to go to Geoffers. I only fitted them.

When the lights are on, the indicators are lit all the time.

P111208_1811.jpg

And they when you turn the indicators on:

th_V111208_1812.jpg

In the day time, they just flash opposing the Indicators when you indicate.

Maybe not to everyones taste, but i love them.

Stav

oh come on ! you make geoffers out to be a genius, when all he does is throw a few wires into a few little black boxes, melt a bit of solder over it all and comes up with things like this

.........................if I had half the talent he has I would bloody clever :)

great invention, looks good :D

Personally they aren't my cup of tea, but if they are what you want Stav then I'm very happy for ya mate.

(remind me too much of USA style running lights)

Well done to Geoffers for being a genius and a darn nice fella too :D

:offtopic:

@ Geoff: was all working fine at 9am this morning, but if it goes wrong again I'll know exactly what needs doing.

Thanks mate :D

Heh. I think they'd look even better if you had LEDs for your actual indicators. Right now your LED strip goes instantly on and off, as LEDs do, but the bulb glows and fades (as bulbs do). So the timing doesn't look quite in sync, as it were (unless that's something to do with the filming).

I haven't tried LEDs in indicators, but I would have thought you could get something that was bright enough.

Heh. I think they'd look even better if you had LEDs for your actual indicators. Right now your LED strip goes instantly on and off, as LEDs do, but the bulb glows and fades (as bulbs do). So the timing doesn't look quite in sync, as it were (unless that's something to do with the filming).

I haven't tried LEDs in indicators, but I would have thought you could get something that was bright enough.

Thats a good idea Stevie. I'll try that.

Stav

Nah i dont think so ;)

Yeh i know mate still loads of things you can do yet :D

You could always fit some led's in the small bits on the corners of your TTE bumper for day running lights or fit your new indicators in there?? :whistling: Was going to do that to mine when i had the TTE bumper on my car, but i sold the bumper? :)

Cheers chaps. We weren't sure how they would look.

Now, now Mr Wozza sir, tell the truth - :whistling:

Thats a good idea Stevie. I'll try that.

Stav

Yes - I think that would make all the difference.

Nah i dont think so ;)

You could always fit some led's in the small bits on the corners of your TTE bumper for day running lights or fit your new indicators in there?? :whistling: Was going to do that to mine when i had the TTE bumper on my car, but i sold the bumper? :)

Geoffers was thinkin this 2 @ WIM he is such a darling & nice 2 c him about again :winky:

Lookin groovy Stav ;)

Nah i dont think so ;)

Geoffers was thinkin this 2 @ WIM he is such a darling & nice 2 c him about again :winky:

Lookin groovy Stav ;)

Yep - I just haven't got round to it yet. Bad year. I'm months behind on stuff but will catch up on things I've promised people.