Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap Refurbed Tomtoms

aido

Don't know if these are of interest to anyone but TotalPDA have some cracking deals on refurbed standalone TomTom units at the moment, refurbed and approved by TomTom and with full TomTom warranty!

http://www.totalpda.co.uk

People I know who've bought these have said they've received brand new units in sealed retail boxes - guess they're like any Factory Outlet in that they're indistinguishable from new!

They TomTom One is the bargain at £39.99 with the v2 at £49.99. Prices plus VAT and delivery though. Just picked up a couple for Xmas presents :)

That's why I bought a couple mate, quite happy with the price of the 720 as I've been looking at getting a Bluetooth carkit for a while and this covers that nicely for me as well as mapping - the Alpine CD system I've got in the car has got me lost a few times now due to out of date mapping so killed two birds with one stone!

Plus you can also update the software and maps on the ones with SD cards to enable more functionality than is normally available out of the box ;)

That's why I bought a couple mate, quite happy with the price of the 720 as I've been looking at getting a Bluetooth carkit for a while and this covers that nicely for me as well as mapping - the Alpine CD system I've got in the car has got me lost a few times now due to out of date mapping so killed two birds with one stone!

Plus you can also update the software and maps on the ones with SD cards to enable more functionality than is normally available out of the box ;)

The Bluetooth car kit isn't up to much on the TomToms mate - I tried using mine with it but gave up and got a proper fitted SonyEricsson kit. I suppose it's OK for very occasional use but the trouble is you can't use it without sticking it to the windscreen each time which rapidly becomes a pain.

But the ability to update is great - and TomTom normally have a sale in the new year. I got the latest software and full Europe maps for my 720 £39.99 last year direct from TomTom!

Pay :o

I get one update to the latest maps with these coming tomorrow, but I'll send you a link you might find useful for next year ;) Got one v2 and one 720 coming, looking forward to having a play around with them!

To be honest I don't really like to talk on the phone anyway when driving so it's just for those emergencies when I need to - so if it's crap it'll do me :)