Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member To The Forum.

Hi all,

Have been reading the forum in recent weeks which has LED me to purchase a RX300 SE Mk2 (Nov 2003) from my local main Lexus dealer.

Have read about a few gremlins with regard to the 'Lexus Approved' scheme, so I hope it all works out okay for me.

Just a quick clarification with regard to the 'Lexus Approved' scheme, if the vehicle in question is posted on the Lexus official website and on the forecourt as 'Lexus Approved' can I take it that it is. Or do they (Lexus) sell non approved vehicles as well.

Will keep you all posted on how this purchase goes. :D

Welcome to LOC.

I would just suggest you keep a printout copy of the car as decribed, plus what is supposed to be included,

(1 year Lexus warranty, RAC Cover, Lexus Service History etc)

so you can point out any errors before you accept the car. Where are you buying from ?

Thanks for the advice, I'm buying from Lexus Canterbury, Kent.

MIne was listed on the Lexus Approved main website......but half way through purchase of the vehicle I found out more by chance than the dealer giving the information freely that it was in fact NOT a Lexus Approved vehicle ("somebody must have clicked the wrong button" was the excuse for the wrong listing).

Just make sure the used car purchase paperwork you sign has the Lexus Approved logo and details relevent to your car and the full LUA warranty described.

Best regards David

MIne was listed on the Lexus Approved main website......but half way through purchase of the vehicle I found out more by chance than the dealer giving the information freely that it was in fact NOT a Lexus Approved vehicle ("somebody must have clicked the wrong button" was the excuse for the wrong listing).

Just make sure the used car purchase paperwork you sign has the Lexus Approved logo and details relevent to your car and the full LUA warranty described.

Best regards David

Thanks David, The 'new/used vehicle order form' is on the official Lexus form.

Welcome to the LOC mate :)

I know some others have had difficulty in their purchasing experience, but I would always recommend that you do your homework and ask relevant questions before committing yourself to the purchase. It is very easy to ascertain what type of vehicle you are agreeing to buy - you just have to read the paperwork!

Just as an aside, make sure you are satisfied with the condition of the drivers' seat and check for corrosion on the roof rails and alloys - as if you leave it till after you have bought, you will find it an uphill struggle (at best) to have these matters rectified under the AUC warranty.

Many thanks for all your advice and comments.

I have now taken charge of my Lexus as of Wednesday this week, and I'm pleased to say I'm very happy with the car.

I did get a 'proper' Lexus AUC warranty and there were only a couple of 'gremlins' during the handover at the dealership. The first being that the new MOT certificate was missing so a duplicate had to be printed and they had not stamped the Service book with the latest service, again remedied quickly.

According to the Lexus website you are meant to get a independant vehicle history check but I did not see this and also an Independant mileage check but again I did not see this, although the website says that 'most' dealerships do this not all.

The mileage seems correct based on the service book etc.