Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speeding

johnboy

I teach my pupils all about car controll in terms of what the car is doing under braking, accelerating and cornering. I use the book Roadcraft on my lessons as well as official DSA publications. I can use all of this material till I'm blue in the face but I'd be lucky that one in ten take it away with them. People see driving as a right but it is certainly a privilage that gets abused an awfull lot. It is somthing we all whitness on a daily basis.

Jim.

The attrocious driving which I encountered on the M6 earlier included a "RED" driving school car being driven at high speed with rear foglight on, changing lanes without any form of indication. I have seen this type of driving by other SoM cars previously. If all driving instructors were like you appear to be then maybe driving standards would improve. Whilst I appreciate that ALL? drivers, including myself, make errors I do feel that if instructors in marked SoM cars are driving in a manner showing scant regard for both their own and others safety then what hope can we have for road safety.

I see driving like that every day from other instructors. It is such a shame because the driving instruction industry could be so good but there are so many people out there who are more interested in making a quick buck than making a difference to road safety. To make matters worse the lady who is currently running the Driving Standards Agency doesn't have any other driving qualifications other than a standard driving licence. It is an industry that I will soon be leaving as I feel that I'm hitting my head against a brick wall. Attitudes are somthing that I can't change alone.

I hold every license currently available for driving, the really scarry thing is PSV and HGV instructors don't need any training at all just hold their license for 2 or 3 years and a bus or truck to do the training in.

I think some of the clips are Irish, the lad getting hit by the van and the couple hit whilst sitting on the wall (car was ECZ 3067, that's an Irish plate, isn't it?).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links