Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Foglight Saga.....

Arqum

Well i bought a brand new unit fomr the dealer last week. This now is leaking water in as well!! Im really getting f***ed off with it. I dont know if im doing something wrong? Its only take 2 bolts off to fit. Am i missing something else?

I have to go back next week to show them but is there anyone out there that can tell me if im doing something wrong?

Is the bulb damaged where it plugs in as that is supposed to form the seal isn't it? Are your headlight washers working ok? Just wondering if maybe something is leaking from those connectors?

Have you washed the new unit with a powerwash / jetspray?

Bulb is not damaged. On the later spec lights there is a cover that fits over the whole bulb and wiring that when you twist on forms a seal. Havnt jet washed as i only drive the car on the weekend and havnt even had a chance to wash the car. headlight washers are fine aswell and are not leaking in anyway. Plus if they were the colour of the water should be a tint colour as i have screen wash in it. The water is clear and looks like rain water.

Bulb is not damaged. On the later spec lights there is a cover that fits over the whole bulb and wiring that when you twist on forms a seal. Havnt jet washed as i only drive the car on the weekend and havnt even had a chance to wash the car. headlight washers are fine aswell and are not leaking in anyway. Plus if they were the colour of the water should be a tint colour as i have screen wash in it. The water is clear and looks like rain water.

had the same problems, i put in different brand of bulb in and was a tighter fit ( could of been worn o rings on the old bulbs ) and i also put vasaline around the holder to stop it coroding and seizing. has worked for me. :)

i also had new lamps fitted so i couldnt just leave it

spike what year is your car? Mine is a 2004 so later spec light, this has a cover that covers then bulb holder to stop corrosion

sorry for the delay :blush: its a 2001 51 plate. best to speak to lexus but i would have thought if your having the same problem with the new lamp as you were with the old there has to be a problem with the fittings . hard to tell without seeing though :)

keep us informed of the outcome :)

has to go for a warranty check 1st and they need to test it. My original one was letting in water rapidly from the bottom. This one i watched carefully was letting water in from the top dripping in.

Well i know what you mean Woz. I have sat in front of my car and watch the water come into the light. Have taken photos and have now taken the light out as i cant leave it in the car like that. I also dobut checked again to make sure water is not coming in from the bulb area and its not. WHen i took the light out i could see a lot of water sitting on top on the light near the front and thats where the water is getting in. So i will take the light down there on wednesday and see what happens. I had to take it out as i cant afford for it to short some thing on the wiring loom. So have tapes the connectors up and removed the bulb with the old light in. So lets see

Good news, just dropped the faulty fog off to the dealer and they are ordering a replacement light. They were shocked like me that the new light has done this. So cross fingers the replacement will be all ok