Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

General Question About Meets

I've never even thought about meets before with any other car but is im getting addicted to trying to modify my car i would love to come n have a look at other peoples achievements.

Do you have to have a heavily modified car to attend or can anyone with an IS turn up?

Anyone can attend mate :)

Whereabouts are you in the Midlands? Have to admit I've not made any meets for a long time but they were always good fun, the only problem is that once you've seen something you've been thinking about you tend to want it even more afterwards :D

My impression is that the main point of meets is to meet up with other members. Whether your car is modified or not doesn't matter. Might be bog-standard or might be massively modded, or anything in between.

As Aido said the trouble is you might well see something on someone else's car that makes you want to do the same to yours, so it can be expensive ! :D

In the small number of meets that I've been to so far, I've certainly not found anything other than friendly Lexus-owning (or Lexus-liking) folk. I've certainly never seen any kind of competitive element in terms of someone making out that their car is better than yours, or anything like that.

A great way to put some faces to names, as you say, find out who is behind that keyboard ! :lol:

sounds great, i think i may have to attend the next one then

Fancy coming down to the Ace Cafe in London next Saturday ?

For those not in the know communicating with those from dudley please visit

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=meALhh0vrxM

Just down the road in tamuth myself Phil. Don't worry about turning up to meets mate they're allright really

sounds great, i think i may have to attend the next one then

Fancy coming down to the Ace Cafe in London next Saturday ?

Isn't it the Xmas Do next week mate or are you doing both?

I wonder if those who aren't booked in for the Xmas do can still turn up early on and meet for drinks in the bar ?

Don't see any reason why not mate, it would only be an issue after 11 or 12 when they usually go resident only :)

unfortunately i think its fully booked Aido as were having the meal etc.

Your more than welcome to the ace cafe though

Stav Louise is not going now because she is offshore.

So thats one spare place to be had.

I'm not going either because I'm also offshore, But Mrs Mole and a friend if hers are still going

i keep lookin for fellow drivers but never seem to see any! i want someone off here to pap me lol

We do have a few midlands meets through the year mate, But have to say JAE is probably the best and biggest one some of us go to as its a weekend meet B)

Be good to see you at some in the next year mate or even at the Ace Cafe meet, think there are a couple of us heading down to it from up this way if you fancy going down there? :D