Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Post On Keys

Im getting rather jealous at some of my friends car keys. you know the ones where u press the little button and the key flicks out. well....... I WANT ONE!!

Please someone tell me there is a way to upgrage the keys

silly request but every little helps

excellent! it doesnt say anything about getting anything cut, can i just but the existing metal bit in? straight swap?

no you will need to get the blade cut. I might look into how to get hold of some of these if they are that popular about £30 on fleabay aren't they

excellent! it doesnt say anything about getting anything cut, can i just but the existing metal bit in? straight swap?

no you will need to get the blade cut. I might look into how to get hold of some of these if they are that popular about £30 on fleabay aren't they

The one in my link is £12.49 delivered - did I read you've got the cutting machine somewhere mate or were you looking into it as if so that could be a service you could offer :)

The one in my link is £12.49 delivered - did I read you've got the cutting machine somewhere mate or were you looking into it as if so that could be a service you could offer :)

Yes i have a tibbe key cutting machine that does lexus keys and i have successfully done my own replacements. Problem is if i did it as a service then i would need to be posted the keys to cut, and as you'll probably know not all of them work first time and some retrimming is needed. What i need to do is bring it to a meet and find a power supply :shifty: .

The other thing i was considering is finding out the costs of doing it at JAE as i reckon i could do most jap tibbe cut keys for roughly £8-10 (unprogrammed) which if you consider the cost of the blanks in bulk for 1000 keys would be about 6k profit.

I might get hold of some blanks and do some freebies just to see how reliable it is for each cut. Because belive me the prices that get charged for replacements is obscene

Yes i have a tibbe key cutting machine that does lexus keys and i have successfully done my own replacements. Problem is if i did it as a service then i would need to be posted the keys to cut, and as you'll probably know not all of them work first time and some retrimming is needed. What i need to do is bring it to a meet and find a power supply :shifty: .

The other thing i was considering is finding out the costs of doing it at JAE as i reckon i could do most jap tibbe cut keys for roughly £8-10 (unprogrammed) which if you consider the cost of the blanks in bulk for 1000 keys would be about 6k profit.

I might get hold of some blanks and do some freebies just to see how reliable it is for each cut. Because belive me the prices that get charged for replacements is obscene

Thats quite handy to know mate as your not too far from me :whistling: :D

Hi peeps,

My master Key is faulty, the point where the screw goes in is busted hence wabbles and loose. I saw youe link for the eBay flick key and placed an order at £12.49 is worth the shot if it beats me buying a second hand key.

Have any of you used this key and can it be cut to the Lexus size etc.?

Any guidance is appriciated.

Cheers

Dibs

Hi peeps,

My master Key is faulty, the point where the screw goes in is busted hence wabbles and loose. I saw youe link for the ebay flick key and placed an order at £12.49 is worth the shot if it beats me buying a second hand key.

Have any of you used this key and can it be cut to the Lexus size etc.?

Any guidance is appriciated.

Cheers

Dibs

Nearly forgot but something reminded me. There are 2 lengths of key for the lexus/toyota so you need to make sure you get the right one. Too long is not so much of an issue as it can be cut/ground down.However you are in the poo if its too short so measure the length of the blade and ask the question if the size isnt there

So if i buy one of these new flick key fobs will it need to be coded or just swap over the guts and get it cut?

Get the flip blade cut and swap out the internals...volia, you have a flip key for your IS200.

i ordered mine a couple days ago so will keep all informed. alway loved the flip keys

be wary when you get it cut don't want to scare monger but as its your own key they may say if it doesn't work they won't replace it. So go get it done somewhere reasonable and stay away from the spotty trainees in mr minute

haha ok well maybe not too heavy!

does anyone know of a good place they can recommend to actually cut the blades? preferrably around the midlands?

Usually the shoe repair shops do key cutting, i'd offer but i don't want to bugger it up as i haven't had much practice yet. Its not difficult tbh but i'd feel guilty if it went wrong

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links