Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What To Do About These?

Bulb seems to have seized in and dont want to break the bulb or round the screws to being un useable. Any advice on getting the old bulb out plus whats the best way to take these apart and seal them?

I have read a couple of posts on the 100C 15 min oven bake, but cant seem to find the sealent on the fogs yet...

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

Cheers, dont really want to spend out on new fogs.

nice slippers, the left hand one needs a de fuzz tho.

common problem with the fogs im afraid, as u have already found the screws are made of chocolate and 1 looks very bad, so i would leave it alone if possible

the bulb is stuck due to the corrision surrounding the plastic, i would try warm the housing with a hair dryer or heat gun as i have done that in the past.

Alternatives is soak the screws in wd40 overnight and using some "screw grab" and a good quality correct fitting ( check if screws are posi drive or phillips) screwdriver and try remove the screws.

or just break the plastic bulb body.

whatever u do its not going to be pretty.

You will need a proper penetrating oil as WD40 only displaces water to leave the area dry, its amazing how so many people use it as a penetrating oil and think it actually works.

It's always been advertised as a penetrating oil though, e.g. here ?

It certainly seems to work at easing rusted-up items, so surely it must have some penetrating qualities ?

You will need a proper penetrating oil as WD40 only displaces water to leave the area dry, its amazing how so many people use it as a penetrating oil and think it actually works.

It's always been advertised as a penetrating oil though, e.g. here ?

It certainly seems to work at easing rusted-up items, so surely it must have some penetrating qualities ?

I was struggling with some difficult soft brass screws a while back and my mate had a can of a loctite product that freezes and lubricates at the same time, a quick sqirt on the screw head and they were free, I assume this works by the cold 'shrinking' the metal and 'breaking' the corrosion...anyone also used this, with this type of problem ?

They have been soaking in some WD overnight, also got the lenses off after baked in the over. have wetsanded one and polised with Menz Intensive Polish, have come up like new from 144k miles worth of abuse. Will post pics shortly.

when refitting the bulbs use some vassaline to stop them from seizing again, worked on mine and stop damp getting in the lamps :)

• 3 weeks later...