Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi mate, I never had to disconnect mine on the 1999 Aristo when I replaced my door mirror, I'm assuming they're identical :)

Was just a case of take the screws out, lift the panel up towards the back and then away from the front and the disconnect the tweeter and replace the mirror :)

I've got a feeling yours will be identical to mine mate, it's a much quicker job than it looks - I approached it with a great deal of hesitation and was gobsmacked to have had it done as well as sorting out the buttons on the passenger side within an hour!

All that you have to be careful of when removing the door skin is the wires that are attached - you're supposed to actually remove the wire connection from the door handle but I just got a little stool which it rested on perfectly and meant I could leave that connected while removing the tweeter and wing mirror. Once the tweeter is out the way it's just a case of unclipping the connector the wing mirror and then removing the three bolts and feed the cables thru the hole in the door.

Reverse everything and it's job done!

If your car looks like mine in the sig which it should being the same year then your job should be identical mate :)

Attached a couple of files that should help. It's the bit about removing the connector to the door handle I skipped.

The files I got from Club Aristo :)

Thanks Guys

Great help once again I will do it today, I had a bad glass in it the silver had started to come off but good old eBay again I got a brand new mirror complete for £75.00 (What a bargain I think you will agree because the glass on its own is about £170 plus from Lexus)

Attached a couple of files that should help. It's the bit about removing the connector to the door handle I skipped.

The files I got from Club Aristo :)

Thanks Guys

Great help once again I will do it today, I had a bad glass in it the silver had started to come off but good old eBay again I got a brand new mirror complete for £75.00 (What a bargain I think you will agree because the glass on its own is about £170 plus from Lexus)

That is a right bargain!

A taxi smashed mine in town one night and drove straight off - cost me £300 for an Aristo one but these are motorised to fold in which is why they're more expensive, was gutted!