Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need New Tyres Again,rears Are Worn In The Center

Happened to check my rear tyres while I was cleaning it today, and the rears need changing. I had the geometry done in Febuary when I had all 4 tyres replaced. The tyres are worn down the centers, but evenly on the inside and outside edges. Is this a geometry issue, or is it more to do with air pressure. Ie did I set the pressure when the tyres were cold, then they've warmed up on my 25 mile motorway commute.

If its just cos ive set the pressures wrong and I've been having too much tail out fun then I don't mind, its my bad. Just want to check what you guys think.

Gazza

I think I've done about 8000-10000 miles. But I havn't exactly been driving like a priest. But only really tend to try and get the tail out on wet days. But as I said, both rears are worn in the middles, with only a few more mm on the inner and out edges which are even, so don't think its geometry. I've been running 35 psi. Ive got the styling kit 18s with Pirelli P Zero Rossos.

Think im gonna just have to gulp and just swallow it, not really what I need at this time of year. Think im just gonna have to be more careful.

Gazza

My daily journey is 500 yards to slip road, then 20 miles down M4, the dual carriageway which ends a few hundreds yards from my work, wo 95% of journey is over about 60, usually more. So maybe thats why, Il get some new ones and see how it goes, Il keep a closer eye on them. And Il reduce my tail out driving,lol.

Cheers guys, aslong as noone suspect some nightmare geometry problem then Im happy.

Gazza