Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speedo Conversion

yemgi

I tried to register on clubaristo but it does not work so I thought I would ask here aswell.

I am looking at buying an JZS161 Aristo beginning of next year and I wondered if the speedo cluster had to be changed to meet UK specifications or does it remain in km/h.

If it has to be modified does the modification make it mph only or does it retain the km/h scale?

Hey dude, are you going to be importing or getting a car that's already over here?

Just wondered as I think it's part of the SVA now that they're converted on the way in?

It's a fairly easy job though, I think it's just a case of hooking up a little convertor box that changes the pulse from KPH to MPH, and then they literally just put a sticker over the KPH section of the dash that says MPH so you retain the factory dials.

Also means that your speedo goes up to 180mph :)

Looking at buying one already registered in the UK and having it registered in France but I need to have km/h readings to register it France If it is a sticker over the standard cluster, it will be a mess to remove so I will be better of buying a TRD cluster from Prolex

You may be lucky and find that they haven't changed the label on the cluster?

This is the best pic I could find at the moment:

http://clubaristo.net/forums/vbpgimage.php...mp;d=1207386544

As you can see in the speedo the black mark is a sticker over the KPH section that will say MPH.

They're nice cars though, very different to the IS in handling, and man do they go when you put your foot down :D

Cheers for that, Do the numbers indicate KPH or MPH as I see it stops at 180?

I think I will have to see one in the flesh to be sure that it can be removed without too much assle

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links