Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Fitted Is250 F-sport Induction Kits

Having fitted the IS250 F-Sport induction kit this is what I have noticed following my first test run:-

1. I’m quite surprised by the effect it has had, the engine sounds significantly sportier with a great engine note. There is character now that was clearly hidden before.

2. The main benefit for me has been the engine responds many times quicker to my throttle inputs. Before, when the car was out of gear and ticking-over, if I dabbed the throttle there was a delay of half a second or so before the engine responded and if a dabbed the accelerator really quickly the car virtually ignored it all together. I thought this was just a consequence of the fly-by-wire throttle, but apparently not.

3. The aluminium induction pipe looks great too.

One problem I did encounter is there is a 10mm diameter hose (I think the servo vacuum hose) that runs over the throttle body and along a third of the intake pipe and is secured by integrated rubber moulded clips in the OEM intake. The clips are not present on the F-Sport aluminium pipe and I was wondering how those of you with Joe Z kits etc secured this hose?

Having fitted the IS250 F-Sport induction kit this is what I have noticed following my first test run:-

1. I'm quite surprised by the effect it has had, the engine sounds significantly sportier with a great engine note. There is character now that was clearly hidden before.

2. The main benefit for me has been the engine responds many times quicker to my throttle inputs. Before, when the car was out of gear and ticking-over, if I dabbed the throttle there was a delay of half a second or so before the engine responded and if a dabbed the accelerator really quickly the car virtually ignored it all together. I thought this was just a consequence of the fly-by-wire throttle, but apparently not.

3. The aluminium induction pipe looks great too.

One problem I did encounter is there is a 10mm diameter hose (I think the servo vacuum hose) that runs over the throttle body and along a third of the intake pipe and is secured by integrated rubber moulded clips in the OEM intake. The clips are not present on the F-Sport aluminium pipe and I was wondering how those of you with Joe Z kits etc secured this hose?

Guess you mean me then? Anyone else in the UK got a Joe Z? I used the clip that was on the OEM pipe as shown, but sounds like yours had a different clip? Guess a small stainless Jubilee clip would also do it. The Joe Z does exactly the same job, but is a lot cheaper and although it's not so bling you can't see it anyway :lol:

28062008015yg1.jpg28062008012kz1.jpg

I will try and upload some pictures tomorrow - it's not as easy as I first thought!

Thanks Tango for the pictures I didn't realise you were the only one!

The pipe I'm on about, is the one that runs over the butterfly throttle body (the top blue silicone hose in your picture), not the rocker cover breather elbow halfway down the intake pipe. From your picture it doesn't look like you have done anything special with it and it has obviously not caused you any problems. The yellow bands on the pipe are where it was originally secured. The Americans/LHD cars don't have this concern as the servo is on the other side, but strangely they still have the mouldings in the OEM rubber intake pipe but they are not used.

You're right about the bling factor and price ($300) but it was the sound tracks on YouTube that ultimately convinced me.

Thanks again.

I will try and upload some pictures tomorrow - it's not as easy as I first thought!

Thanks Tango for the pictures I didn't realise you were the only one!

The pipe I'm on about, is the one that runs over the butterfly throttle body (the top blue silicone hose in your picture), not the rocker cover breather elbow halfway down the intake pipe. From your picture it doesn't look like you have done anything special with it and it has obviously not caused you any problems. The Americans/LHD cars don't have this concern as the servo is on the other side, but strangely they still have the mouldings in the OEM rubber intake pipe but they are not used.

You're right about the bling factor and price ($300) but it was the sound tracks on YouTube that ultimately convinced me.

Thanks again.

Know what you described now, just forgot as I did the mod a while ago. Not having the rubber moulding hasn't had any demtrimental effect after a year of use so should be fine. The sound is the same! Only difference is I still have the vanes in my lower airbox, and slots instead of that extra hole (and the box cost nothing to modify). Glad to see you also noted the better pickup.Not the same as the howl you get from the secondary intake with the V8 on the IS-F though :blink:

Pics are working for me... :unsure: how much did that set you back matey...if you dont mind me asking.? :)

Cost all in £206.00 which included a re-designed lower air box, intake pipe, free-flow filter and fittings. The Joe Z pipe costs less than half this but it doesn't come with a filter or lower air box. Ultimately you get what you pay for and I'm more than happy with the results.

I'd be even happier if you could get the IS350 in the Uk, rather than the furture introduction of IS250C to the range.

Pics are working for me... :unsure: how much did that set you back matey...if you dont mind me asking.? :)

Cost all in £206.00 which included a re-designed lower air box, intake pipe, free-flow filter and fittings. The Joe Z pipe costs less than half this but it doesn't come with a filter or lower air box. Ultimately you get what you pay for and I'm more than happy with the results.

I'd be even happier if you could get the IS350 in the Uk, rather than the furture introduction of IS250C to the range.

I purchased my Joe Z pipe and all fiitings for £59.00 and Blitz free flow drop-in filter for £26.00 in the USA, otherwise they would probably be double that price. The lower air box that comes with the 'F Sport' kit just has an extra plain hole and the box doesn't have the vanes that are in the standard box. It's very easy to modify the original box with a Dremel or similar to provide extra air intake. Apart from the additional intake noise from having the extra intake, it appears to provide better pick up from lower speeds when combined with the free flow filter.