Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sia License (security Industry Association)

aztecbandit1

Been officialy made redundant since Friday of last week :crybaby: And been doing a bit of research into Company Asset Reposession and stock managment, as i did this job a few years ago when i worked for Lucas Automotive? But have found that a few places require me to have a SIA License to be able to do this type of work again which i never needed before? :unsure:

Does anybody on here have the SIA License and what courses did you do to get it?? Found a couple of places in my area that do the course but thought it would be good to hear some thoughts on it and the courses if anybody has done it? :)

I've got SIA Door Supervisor licence as it covers a lot of possibilities workwise. As you have been made redundant you should have details of funding that you are entitled to for retraining. I did a 1 week course about 4 months after my position was made redundant. A CRB check is also required but SIA carry that out as part of there checking process.

Your local Jobcentre Plus should be able to arrange courses for you.

Further details on the various licences and requirements to obtain them are available from the SIA at

www.the-sia.org.uk

Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards Dave

I've got SIA Door Supervisor licence as it covers a lot of possibilities workwise. As you have been made redundant you should have details of funding that you are entitled to for retraining. I did a 1 week course about 4 months after my position was made redundant. A CRB check is also required but SIA carry that out as part of there checking process.

Your local Jobcentre Plus should be able to arrange courses for you.

Further details on the various licences and requirements to obtain them are available from the SIA at

www.the-sia.org.uk

Hope this is of some help to you.

Regards Dave

Thankyou Dave, i'll have a good look at the site you posted, Will be asking about retraining when i go to my interview on the 29th December at the Jobcentre :D

Thankyou Dave, i'll have a good look at the site you posted, Will be asking about retraining when i go to my interview on the 29th December at the Jobcentre :D

Hope things go well. This is always a good time of year for companies to offload staff, it happened to me on 7th Dec. last year. One thing people in this situation should remember though....you are not redundant, it is your job that is redundant.

Hope things go well. This is always a good time of year for companies to offload staff, it happened to me on 7th Dec. last year. One thing people in this situation should remember though....you are not redundant, it is your job that is redundant.

Yeh i know what your saying mate, i'm thinking of it as a new start to a new career so quite looking forward to getting going again :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links