Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Considering A 220d, All Advice Welcomed

Coolhurst

With a new job location on the horizon I need to get myself some comfortable motorway transportation. With about a 20k a year commuting and with in mind I've landed on the 220d as a possible purchase. I've got no experience of the IS so any advise would be welcome.

For the record, I've always have BMWs (our family car is a 335d touring) but for our second car I fancy a change. The IS 220d grabbed my eye as it seems to offer good value after a couple of years. Other decision points for me are reasonable MPG (I hear the 220d isn't great??), Reliable, Comfortable, reasonable residuals considering I'll put on 20k each year. Does the 220d stack up against these criteria?

A couple of other things I'm not sure of and clarification would be appreciated:

What is the standard warranty offered on 2006 cars (2 or 3 years?)

Was there a facelift in 2006? What's the obvious differences between the f/lift and previous?

Import vs. UK models - is there an issue with this? Having been stung in the past (Porsche) I'm always weary.

Budget around £10,000. I'm in London but would travel wherever.

Cheers.

With a new job location on the horizon I need to get myself some comfortable motorway transportation. With about a 20k a year commuting and with in mind I've landed on the 220d as a possible purchase. I've got no experience of the IS so any advise would be welcome.

For the record, I've always have BMWs (our family car is a 335d touring) but for our second car I fancy a change. The IS 220d grabbed my eye as it seems to offer good value after a couple of years. Other decision points for me are reasonable MPG (I hear the 220d isn't great??), Reliable, Comfortable, reasonable residuals considering I'll put on 20k each year. Does the 220d stack up against these criteria?

A couple of other things I'm not sure of and clarification would be appreciated:

What is the standard warranty offered on 2006 cars (2 or 3 years?)

Was there a facelift in 2006? What's the obvious differences between the f/lift and previous?

Import vs. UK models - is there an issue with this? Having been stung in the past (Porsche) I'm always weary.

Budget around £10,000. I'm in London but would travel wherever.

Cheers.

You would be better off with BMW mate :winky: mpg on the lexus is220 not very good :o

Agree. The logical choice is 320d (for MPG and residuals) but my thinking was the price difference at purchase may offset any savings in better MPG across a couple of years. And the Lexus is different.

Ultimately I will make a choice based on financials, comfort, safety and reliability. The BM ticks all of those.

Agree. The logical choice is 320d (for MPG and residuals) but my thinking was the price difference at purchase may offset any savings in better MPG across a couple of years. And the Lexus is different.

Ultimately I will make a choice based on financials, comfort, safety and reliability. The BM ticks all of those.

Yes, if the lexus had better mpg, then it would be better car or the one i would go for, but it just has to many problems for me :o