Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upload Phone Contacts From Iphone To Multimedia

Noo sorry, I ,meany use the search function in this forum ( above ). You push from the mobile phone to the MM. Unfortunately with the iphone you can't say push. I f I remember I typrd mine into the MM one at a time.

OK thanks - I think I will have to do the same, one by one

Noo sorry, I ,meany use the search function in this forum ( above ). You push from the mobile phone to the MM. Unfortunately with the iphone you can't say push. I f I remember I typrd mine into the MM one at a time.

OK thanks - I think I will have to do the same, one by one

The Iphone is superb but not when it comes to Bluetooth. You do need to input each contact one by one. Not ideal but not the end of the world either. I've just had an e mail form my dealer offering me the updated sat nav package for £144.35 inc VAT and he is trying to get me a discount. I've said yes of course as I am an "early adopter" aka "idiot".

Will advise when done if worth reporting on.

To be fair the Iphone itself can actually transfer an entire address book at one time via Bluetooth - it's a shame Lexus / Toyota didn't implement this functionality in the carkit as it would make life easier for most phones - ie one big pull rather than multiple contact pushes via Bluetooth.

To be fair the iPhone itself can actually transfer an entire address book at one time via Bluetooth - it's a shame Lexus / Toyota didn't implement this functionality in the carkit as it would make life easier for most phones - ie one big pull rather than multiple contact pushes via Bluetooth.

The Lexus Bluetooth is very basic compared to some cars.Would be even a bit better if you could browse the phonebook and directory. So if you use your work phone, you get work contacts, if wife uses her pink Samsung in the IS when she is driving, she get's all her friends contacts, etc. That would be much better in my opinion.

as somebody has already stated, the Iphone will use all the original contacts so stick your sim in another phone (sonyerricson if possible) then register the Iphone and your done. you will have problems with people hearing you properly when using the Iphone (as i do). as you may have noticed, the Iphone is great for all the stuff most phones CANT do, but isnt that good with the basic stuff (like calling people or texting!)

also a thin layer of denim/cotton etc. (a pocket) can render the Iphone "out of reach"

all things that are the iphones fault as my s/ek850i was perfect for the lexus.

To be fair the iPhone itself can actually transfer an entire address book at one time via Bluetooth - it's a shame Lexus / Toyota didn't implement this functionality in the carkit as it would make life easier for most phones - ie one big pull rather than multiple contact pushes via Bluetooth.

The Lexus Bluetooth is very basic compared to some cars.Would be even a bit better if you could browse the phonebook and directory. So if you use your work phone, you get work contacts, if wife uses her pink Samsung in the IS when she is driving, she get's all her friends contacts, etc. That would be much better in my opinion.

gunther, it does do what your saying here!

as somebody has already stated, the iphone will use all the original contacts so stick your sim in another phone (sonyerricson if possible) then register the iphone and your done. you will have problems with people hearing you properly when using the iphone (as i do). as you may have noticed, the iphone is great for all the stuff most phones CANT do, but isnt that good with the basic stuff (like calling people or texting!)

also a thin layer of denim/cotton etc. (a pocket) can render the iphone "out of reach"

all things that are the iphones fault as my s/ek850i was perfect for the lexus.

Sorry mate but that's a load of tosh about the Iphone. I've had no such problems with call clarity over the Bluetooth connection and certainly can't agree that having the phone in your pocket or elsewhere 'hidden' causes it to be invisible. I've left mine in a bag in the boot before now, not realised, and no connectivity problems at all. I'd suggest you may have another problem (can't think what though). And how you can think it's no good for texting I have no idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Have to agree with SiWhite - my Iphone 3g call quality is excellent - evan when connected to the iPod connector in the glovebox it still works brilliantly. However, I have to agree with the others that the Iphone is lacking in the Bluetooth dpt - with my old Nokia I uploaded the complete phonebook, yet with the Iphone I can't evan do one by one.

As is the iphones Bluetooth support! As the other dude said, if you can get a Sony Ericsson to transfer all the contacts.

I have an Iphone 3G and am pretty sure it cannot do any form of file transfer whatsoever (whether that be files, photos, contacts or whatever).

As far as I know, the Bluetooth implementation on the Iphone only supports handsfree - ie use your car as the biggest Bluetooth head set in the world!

Thats why the first guy had to type his in manually. The Toyota / Lexus Bluetooth does support transfer of contacts as I have used my Windows Mobile HTC phone to transfer my phone contacts.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

I have an iPhone 3G and am pretty sure it cannot do any form of file transfer whatsoever (whether that be files, photos, contacts or whatever).

As far as I know, the Bluetooth implementation on the iPhone only supports handsfree - ie use your car as the biggest bluetooth head set in the world!

Thats why the first guy had to type his in manually. The Toyota / Lexus Bluetooth does support transfer of contacts as I have used my Windows Mobile HTC phone to transfer my phone contacts.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

The Iphone supports devices that remotely read the address book via Bluetooth - TomTom does it like that via a pull - but it does not support a push from the handset :) Lexus / Toyota only support the OBEX push from the phone I guess - it can't do an address book lookup like the TomTom does.

• 1 month later...
The iPhone supports devices that remotely read the address book via BlueTooth - TomTom does it like that via a pull - but it does not support a push from the handset :) Lexus / Toyota only support the OBEX push from the phone I guess - it can't do an address book lookup like the TomTom does.

Yes this is true, as connecting my Iphone 3g to the hands free in my BMW automatically brings up all the contacts in the phone on the car screen.

Most annoying that a combination of lack of implementation on both apple and Lexus's parts have left us high and dry.

However, some owners of earlier (pre 2006) IS250s may have joy with a program I came across called Prius Phonebook which works with an Intel Macbook and any Bluetooth phone that is linked to the car (including the iphone)

Whilst it did not work for me some users report success. I emailed the developer, and I think my car has a more recent phonebook system, in which it has been secured to prevent non headset devices connecting (or so he thinks)

If you get it to work for you, then do post up here.

Vish

The iPhone supports devices that remotely read the address book via BlueTooth - TomTom does it like that via a pull - but it does not support a push from the handset :) Lexus / Toyota only support the OBEX push from the phone I guess - it can't do an address book lookup like the TomTom does.

Yes this is true, as connecting my Iphone 3g to the hands free in my BMW automatically brings up all the contacts in the phone on the car screen.

Most annoying that a combination of lack of implementation on both apple and Lexus's parts have left us high and dry.

However, some owners of earlier (pre 2006) IS250s may have joy with a program I came across called Prius Phonebook which works with an Intel Macbook and any Bluetooth phone that is linked to the car (including the iphone)

Whilst it did not work for me some users report success. I emailed the developer, and I think my car has a more recent phonebook system, in which it has been secured to prevent non headset devices connecting (or so he thinks)

If you get it to work for you, then do post up here.

Vish

If your Iphone is jailbroken, watchout for SweetTooth, an application that will unblock the Bluetooth on the Iphone so that it can be used for more things other than handsfree (e.g. send contacts, pictures etc). Will probably have to wait a month or two to get a proper release.