Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200

Maybul

hi all,

need to pick your brains, you guys know Lexus's a lot better than I ever will so I have to ask is an IS 200 the right car for me? generally speaking my mileage in the uk is very low my current car has done approximately 38000 miles in 6 years, however, my personal circumstances have changed drastically recently and I will need to travel to Germany 3-4 times over a year 400 miles (ish) door-to-door. I have no desires to test the Autobahn to the limits - though I have been over 240kph (150mph ish) in a new BMW I was not driving though I did nearly faint, so due to my erratic low mileage and high spike mileage is this car right for me? I really dont want a BMW or a Mercedes their cars are great but I know enough people who have these cars and I just dont want to go into comparing exercise. Additionally I really dont want to add improvements (not my style) I need a car which looks great (I believe the IS200 fits this roll perfectly) offers realibilty and makes a statement without having to say anything. I dont believe a diesel model will offer me the mileage/higher purchase saving unless I was continuously do high mileage. predicamnet number 1.

predicament number 2.

using only the official lexus website the prices vary a lot for very similar cars, I appreciate it may be a buyers market and although finance is available, finance interest rates dont reflect the bank cost, so if I went to a dealer how far could I push my luck?

I've been reading the forum (so jealous of the guy with the 4xx - posted the youtube videos) a lot and have been trying to find a similar post this one in order to prevent your forum been filled with similar posts. thanks for reading this far and any advice is most welcome.

Well first off, I think you're looking at the new generation IS which is the IS250. The IS200 is the older model, which in the UK you could only buy new as the IS200 or IS300. They are both petrol engines, no diesel available.

With the low mileages you do, and the odd very long journey I'd think the IS would suit you very well. I have the older IS and it's a very comfortable refined car, but is still quite sporting and fun to drive. I'm sure the new IS is the same (but better).

Go for a test drive, and see what you think. I believe there is a 48 hour test drive offer at the moment :)

P.S. Welcome to the forums :)

many thanks for the big welcome.

I'm looking at some IS200 models about the 10k price which will get a 05 model quite comfortably with some change in my pocket, I need to get the model which gets me to Germany comfortably the few times a year I go with out thinking I should of considered a newer/more powerful model and this fits the bill.

Thanks again.

May,

So you're looking at the very last of the older shape IS200. Well I can recommend that, I have a 54 plate which had 53k miles on it and I paid around 8k for it about 6 monthsn ago. It's a great car, will do long distances no problem and it's very comfortable with an outstanding audio system, so it's a great car for long journeys.

Agreed. My "54" plate IS300 is a stunningly good car and makes a great motorway cruiser for those occasional long trips. The 200 will have a little less oomph, but be equally good at teh job.