Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Deal With The Devil...

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes thats the dummy engine, I think thats the standard turbo so lag shouldn't be that bad I don't suppose we will know until the whole thing is bolted together and the management system is optimised as for the exhaust the Altezza has its exhaust on the wrong side so I think we will be fabricating a custom one based on the Altezza design.

I'm confused but it's probably me just misunderstanding something :duh:

Not sure what you mean about the Altezza having its exhaust on the "wrong" side, surely it's on the same side as the IS200 ?

Actually while typing I think maybe I've worked it out, does the RS200 Altezza (I'm guessing you mean the RS200 with the 3S-GE as opposed to all Altezzas - e.g. AS200 would be same as IS200) have its exhaust manifold on the "wrong" side (i.e. same side as your new engine) ?

Hi Guys.

Ok we have made great progress.

Here are just a few thing we have been up to.

Modfying coolant housings

Modifying aircon pipework

Finishing build of engine and install

Made custom engine wrining harness

Modifying fuel system to accept a return line

Things we have outsourced that we are still waiting for.

-Most costly one is the custom intake manifold

-Prop shaft

-Bell housing mdification

There will be some more pics towards the end of the week, then nothing untill we have a finished product, iin a word its going to be simply fantastic.

Currently we are negociating some very complicated wiring which is taking up alot of time but a nice challenge.

James

Well apart from the interior looking.... rather "sparse" the conversion is really taking shape now. lots of new parts fitted and a scary amount of things to go back on. A picture I took on my rubbish Nokia:

post-25872-1236770256.jpg

Shows the inlet and turbo manifolds in place, gearbox, starter etc all fitted its a bit tight but it all goes in!!. Inlet is not finished yet!! The bonnet does close also which is a bonus.

Just lots of small things that the car needs to bring it up to a decent standard, not really worth going into here, every job takes time though.

The lads have really had their work cut out for them, when you see the car in the flesh all the "small" things like getting the starter in and it not fowling the oil line to/from the turbo or being to close and getting cooked, (the starter wanted to be be in the exact same place as the oil line directly under the normal turbo positioning) you really appreciate how hard the job is. Their solutions to the problems all highlighted early on are quite clever, really must be seen. Can't wait for a drive.

Just lots of small things that the car needs to bring it up to a decent standard, not really worth going into here, every job takes time though.

The lads have really had their work cut out for them, when you see the car in the flesh all the "small" things like getting the starter in and it not fowling the oil line to/from the turbo or being to close and getting cooked, (the starter wanted to be be in the exact same place as the oil line directly under the normal turbo positioning) you really appreciate how hard the job is. Their solutions to the problems all highlighted early on are quite clever, really must be seen. Can't wait for a drive.

Hey guys,

Have a look here

PICT0028-1.jpg

PICT0029-2.jpg

PICT0033-1.jpg

PICT0031-1.jpg

PICT0032-2.jpg

PICT0034-2.jpg

Its coming together very well now sory for the delays, there have been some unexpected hoops to jump through but we are on the home run now.

James

It all looks good in there, can't wait to see the finished product & how it works out after time as I'm sure alot of people will be thinking about this now :D

Thanks for the updates

Looking sexy!!

What are the pipe connectors under the inlet manifold for? Sorry to sound thick!!

Very neat welds I may add (manifold and gearbox), I tried welding ally once it melted like butter, not a good result.

Boosted cars use vacume and pressure signals to various sensors that get sent to the ecu and in turn the ecu can manage the engine efficiently.

On your car we need

Brake vacume

Boost to map sensor

Boost to gauge

Boost to fuel pressure regulator

Boost to dump valve

Boss for air temp sensor

each one of yours have been turned on a small lathe and welded on.

James

It all looks good in there, can't wait to see the finished product & how it works out after time as I'm sure alot of people will be thinking about this now :D

Thanks for the updates

yep cant wait to see

Soooo excited about this now all thats left is electrics to get the car running, tuning, T/C system and re-building the interior. Hope to have it for the Santa Pod RWUB in early April.............. Its going to the French Alps in May with a little luck, I don't want to take the Porsche there its got no luggage room!!

Hey guys,

Have a look here

PICT0028-1.jpg

PICT0029-2.jpg

PICT0033-1.jpg

PICT0031-1.jpg

PICT0032-2.jpg

PICT0034-2.jpg

Its coming together very well now sory for the delays, there have been some unexpected hoops to jump through but we are on the home run now.

James

Are you not putting the crash bar back on ?