Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Deal With The Devil...

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a modified one holding the intercooler.

Though it doesnt look very strong.

What interior they got to rebuild mate?

Stav

A big one!!, no really I have no idea, just let them get on with it. For insurance reasons I will be getting every item itamised and then tell the insurance company everything they need to know. The build had several directions it could have gone due to unknown hurdles, so exact build is up to them, the brief is simple:

Put a 300HP+ motor in this IS200, make it reliable, neat and tidy, everyday use car, don't care that much how long it takes within reason.

The dash is stripped down completely, even the heater matrix is gone, because of some fabrication required, they didn't want to cut/weld anything that didn't need cutting. When you see the car you will understand.

Only regret so far is I should have had forged internals in from the start but that would have been way out of budget.

lol you guys!

The intercooler itself is stronger than the crach bar lol!!..

We wont be using the stock unit, but once we have put everything back we need a heavy duty one will be made to fit. The bar you see there is a fairly rough construction to simple hold the weight of the intercooler, its not visible with the bumper back on.

There are some things that cant be done untill all the minor bits are finished, the 3s wiring harness is complete and the engine could be started, once that happens we can start feeding the IS ecu the bits it wants. Untill this is done there will be lots of bits out of place.

Will be harrassing the prop modders monday about getting that back

James

lol you guys!

The intercooler itself is stronger than the crach bar lol!!..

We wont be using the stock unit, but once we have put everything back we need a heavy duty one will be made to fit. The bar you see there is a fairly rough construction to simple hold the weight of the intercooler, its not visible with the bumper back on.

There are some things that cant be done untill all the minor bits are finished, the 3s wiring harness is complete and the engine could be started, once that happens we can start feeding the IS ecu the bits it wants. Untill this is done there will be lots of bits out of place.

Will be harrassing the prop modders monday about getting that back

James

The intercooler is NOT stronger than the crash bar, and the crash bar is bolted to the front as part of the frame

looking good so far, however the crash bar is needed to maintain the structural stability at the front of the vehicle....trust me

could say im being a bit picky aswell, but i think the Inlet manifold needed a bit more prep.....air cannot flow around 90 deg, for flow characteristics i would have made the main volume housing from a radius/round tube material, to encourage smooth flow

PICT0032-2.jpg

the radius of the inlet tract is not sufficient to encourage good flow into the runners, and the dimensions are not the best for ideal manifold flow.

on a turbocharged car, alot of these issues can be short cut, due to positive pressure in the manifold, but good gains can be got from a well matched well designed inlet manifold

heres a few pics i did when i did another manifold, which was a 3sge using a HKS 2835

radius of inlets @50% diameter

tumpletradius.jpg

an ideal designed inlet, however an equal lenth/volume design is sufficient for turbo applications...

the equation for linear volume as in my design below was a reduction by 1/4 at each trumpet, so, the cross section @ A is 4x the cross section @ C, that cross section is determined by the radius of the inlet trumpet

plenumsized.jpg

however i stress this is not a dig, just an observation!!

I see what you mean about the radius of the intakes, maybe when/if this car goes for really big power they can look at this issue, for the moment I am happy.

Crash bar as already quoted twice is a custom one and is NOT on the car YET, thats why you can't see it Gord!!.

Yep matt your 100% right however for 300 hp on a 3sgte this manifold will be more than adequate its not as flat as it looks in the pic there is a sizable deflection but nothing like we would make for a big power engine using velocity stacks etc, there is also a budget to keep an eye on.

Cheers for all the comments ist good to see so much interest in the project.

On a seperate note Feltham propshafts are not as good as I was informed, They have delayed us saying the prop is joined using a spun weld technique which makes it more tricky to extend it and cant tell us yet when we will get a full description on how it will be resolved but promised us a call back this week. I was under the impression most modern day props are joined with that technique and that they should experience these things being as they are pro's in their field. I will give them the benefit of doubt untill the end of the week.

James

On a seperate note Feltham propshafts are not as good as I was informed, They have delayed us saying the prop is joined using a spun weld technique which makes it more tricky to extend it and cant tell us yet when we will get a full description on how it will be resolved but promised us a call back this week. I was under the impression most modern day props are joined with that technique and that they should experience these things being as they are pro's in their field. I will give them the benefit of doubt untill the end of the week.

James

Could a Supra Prop be used if they are easier to weld?

my prop was welded no problem....cant remember where it was done though

maybe lexus changed the design on later models?

nope mines is a 2001...the props are all the same, in fact the Toyota props are almost identical going back years, i think the prop peeps are making excuses......maybe they will come up with the goods soon

Prop done. Now all the gearbox and engine bits can be lined up properly and bolted in place. One less thing to worry about........

The waiting is killing me, but I don't want a rushed job as you all can imagine with all the horror stories going about the place. Just about to book a trip to the Alps so hoping the car will be ready by then as you can't fit skis in Boxters.

Prop done. Now all the gearbox and engine bits can be lined up properly and bolted in place. One less thing to worry about........

The waiting is killing me, but I don't want a rushed job as you all can imagine with all the horror stories going about the place. Just about to book a trip to the Alps so hoping the car will be ready by then as you can't fit skis in Boxters.

With the power you´ll have in that beast.. good look driving up the alp roads if your going soon :whistling:

Id invest in an upgraded traction control.... :winky:

Cant wait to see it finished mate!! but being serious about the roads.. you dont want to have a twist in the tale of your great project!!

With the power you´ll have in that beast.. good look driving up the alp roads if your going soon :whistling:

Cant wait to see it finished mate!!

No problem, Race Logic T/C going on as we speak!! Snow chains in the boot when we go, although it is usually clear just the tops of the mountains have the snow the resorts are pretty good.

picture taken today: les deux alps http://www.les2alpes.com/en/hiver/ski-snowboard/webcam.html

Had a chat to someone this afternoon breaking an IS200 Sport but it did not have a LSD? shame as it was only £100....... Transmission Plate read "A02A" V5 clearly stated IS200 Sport.

Cant wait to see it finished mate!!

No problem, Race Logic T/C going on as we speak!! Snow chains in the boot when we go, although it is usually clear just the tops of the mountains have the snow the resorts are pretty good.

picture taken today: les deux alps http://www.les2alpes.com/en/hiver/ski-snowboard/webcam.html

Had a chat to someone this afternoon breaking an IS200 Sport but it did not have a LSD? shame as it was only £100.......

Youve no idea of the winter thats just passed.. anodrra is still kicking along with most of the lower pyrnees resorts.. and alot stil have icy road conditions early and late in the day.. just a word of advice.. im driving down to andorra tomorrow.. cant beat winter sports.. well.. unless your making a beast... :winky:

anyway... hope the project continues with such positive results... great to see....