Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Deal With The Devil...

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update, I took a trip down yesterday to see how its all going, well worth it because the car is looking like an absolute monster now. The front end and interior is all back in, the turbo pipe work is 99% done and to cap it all James has put a hybrid turbo in and not the standard one, and the exhaust manifold and turbo housings are all shiny now...... nice...

The questions over the crash bar have been answered and there is SUBSTANTIAL metal making up a custom one, the front bumper has been kept looking stock from the outside, but there isn't anything stock about the rest of it!! Certainly getting there now and I believe the end is in sight. Every part had had to be either made by fabricators, modded, cut, welded etc so much hard work has clearly gone on, really must be seen to appreciate the extent of work that goes into a job like this, I can't really complain about this bit of subtle advertising:.

07042009.jpg

In fact I really like it!!

Aren't the hybrids turbo's the same lag for more maximum bost - therefore as you said you'll be running the same boost you'll have the same lag but the turbo won't be running as close to max boost as the original one.

Looking awesome though :) Hope the Gel Stickers don't melt :P

Aren't the hybrids turbo's the same lag for more maximum bost - therefore as you said you'll be running the same boost you'll have the same lag but the turbo won't be running as close to max boost as the original one.

Looking awesome though :) Hope the Gel Stickers don't melt :P

I think there are many types of turbo, however it was only a passing comment that the turbo is a hybrid, so what type i have no idea?, I know TGT will only put quality things on the cars they build.

Hi Guys.

Firstly I would like to appologise for not being online for what seems like ever. The work that has gone into this project has been insane, Ive lost tabs of whats we have modded/changed.

We would like to have finished it now and had Phill driving it home but simply it aint possible. Heres why.

We have had to put it together like a jigsaw, but a jigsaw that can only be constructed in 1 particular order to this end you have no odea how many times the engine has been in and out :whistling:

Dont get me wrong, I knew we were doing this project at a loss as a display of our skills, I just didnt know how many of our skills this would draw on.

Never the less, its been great, and Phill is gonna have a totally unique car because Im 100% sure nobody else will do this project.

The way we have built it means its as easier to service and maintain than the original setup.

Once again sorry for the delays, and bear with us a bit longer.

James

Now im off to read all the pm's I havnt seen yet.

Hi Steve.

Simply because the real cost of a project like this is closer to £8K

Cheers

James

Never the less, its been great, and Phill is gonna have a totally unique car because Im 100% sure nobody else will do this project.

Why ?

That comes across as kinda negative but surely you don't mean it like that ? :unsure:

£8K!

Still working to this spec?

So here is the final build spec and just for you guys the cost.............

Newly reconditioned 3SGTE engine (modded to be mounted the wrong way round)

Modified oil pickups/sump

new clutch

normal fly wheel, not lightened as the IS200 is a bit heavy and would rev to much with a light one (for every day driving)

modified bell housing to fit starter and STD gearbox

fitting the ARBs

Apexi fuel management with hand held in car adjustment

no cats

custom front sections of exhaust

custom intake

turbo pressure increased to the max safe level for everyday use

All the tuning necessary to make it fly!!

all fabrication to mount engine and anything else

wire in the extra dials

front mounted intercooler

detailing the new engine bay so it looks fantastic!!

all in for £4750. There i said it!! I don't think I missed anything but I will add anyting else as we go on.

Thats a fair old loss. do hope the project turns out well though.

Stav

Hi Steve.

Simply because the real cost of a project like this is closer to £8K

Cheers

James

And boy do I know how lucky I am. I did make the coffee on Tuesday though ;) and you won't believe just how much beer you can fit in the back of an MR2, you lot can empty it I'm not lifting that lot again :lol: :lol:

I have been challenged round the Bedford autodrome by a customer and her fairly standard EVO IV, she has the handling (and has raced round there already...) but mine should have the power so that will be interesting if it ever happens.

As for the pod............ Ready when you are.

I have been challenged round the Bedford autodrome by a customer and her fairly standard EVO IV, she has the handling (and has raced round there already...) but mine should have the power so that will be interesting if it ever happens.

As for the pod............ Ready when you are.

Japshow, 21st of June, see you there :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links