Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Project Update With Pics!

Thanks for replying for me chris :)

As for the eyebrows on the headlights dibsLPG, when I bought my car, as mentioned above it was already damaged but I only needed the drivers side headlight. Incidently, I was offered a pair of headlights with the eyebrows already attached by a member on the forum so bought them and am having them fitted and will then be selling the mint original passenger side headlight.

I'm not sure where this style of eyebrows are available from but I've seen some on eBay a few times which are curvy, think they were carbon ones.

Thanks for replying for me chris :)

As for the eyebrows on the headlights dibsLPG, when I bought my car, as mentioned above it was already damaged but I only needed the drivers side headlight. Incidently, I was offered a pair of headlights with the eyebrows already attached by a member on the forum so bought them and am having them fitted and will then be selling the mint original passenger side headlight.

I'm not sure where this style of eyebrows are available from but I've seen some on ebay a few times which are curvy, think they were carbon ones.

Cheers mate i guess i will carry on looking..

Dibslpg

Right, time for another update...I went to see the car on tuesday and the good news is that it was in the spray booth being sprayed!

Went to see it today and its now all sprayed and practically ready to be put back together. When I saw it they were checking all the paint was ok and polishing it up etc. The front bumper has been sprayed and headlight washer jets/motors attached along with fog lights but I need a tiny little connector for the passenger side washer jet as the connector has broke in the impact so thats been ordered. Once the connector is in and washer jets connected then as far as I know all that needs to be done is headlights put in, bumper attached, and passenger side door card, handle and wing mirror attached. Theres probably a few other little bits that need to be done but at this moment in time although its taken a while I'm quite happy with the progress and the quality of the work. When I pop down to the garage either tomorrow or saturday I'll take some pics and post them up.

Yayyyy!!!!!!!! Its nearly complete!!! The car was sprayed during the week and the last few days they've been putting it back together. Shoulda been ready yesterday but someone dropped the bumper and scuffed it so it had to be resprayed and we were also in need of a connector for the washer jets which delayed it further. Anyway heres a pic of my car looking gorgeous and nearly back to how she should be looking. The eyebrows which were meant to be on the headlights have been removed as they were gonna be sprayed then put back on but unfortunatly one of them broke during removal and about an inch is missing on what would be the inner corner on one of them so I'm still debating on what to do with them. If I do put them on then that'll be later on down the line. Whats everyone think? I think the quality of the work has actually turned out to be really good. :)

only a crap pic from my phone but u get the picture ;)

Image017.jpg

Thanks mate. Its taken me a while to get this project sorted, in all honesty its taken a lot longer than it shoulda done due to me taking my time whilst sourcing parts to make sure I got the right price and also the difficulty in sourcing parts initially then it took ages for me to decide on a bodyshop and then there's been the little niggles along the way not forgetting the time the bodyshop was shut over xmas and new year but it feels good now to have it sorted. I was getting really disheartened at times when we've had the hiccups and did think if it was actually worth my time and money but now thats its practically complete tho i'm really happy and hopefully should be collecting it tomorrow! :D

Will get some better pics up when I collect the car.

Its ALIVE!!!!! I picked up the car yesterday and omg does it look good! I'm so buzzing. Couple of issues need to be sorted yet so it will be going back to the bodyshop probably on the weekend or early next week but otherwise I'm happy with it and cant wait to drive it lol.

The issues which need sorting are:

Headlight washer jet caps and trim off passenger side wing were sprayed but have gone missing in the bodyshop due to them moving stuff around, and on the inside edge of the front bumper in the passenger side arch theres a little bit of the original red paint of the bumper showing through so that needs to be sorted as well. Also discovered last night that the passenger side washer jet isnt working so will be pulling them up about that too. They've agreed to sort everthing out when I take the car back for the washer jet covers so its all good.

Whats everyone think?

P1050781.jpg

P1050782.jpg

P1050783.jpg

P1050784.jpg

P1050785.jpg

P1050786.jpg

Well I did drive it home mate but the garage is only 10mins walking distance from my house so only a couple of mins drive so took it easy as it was the first time I was driving the car properly. Didnt put my foot down but did like the response from the engine. Cant wait to get it properly on the road and all serviced etc then I can let u all know properly how it is.

Thanks :) Went out and changed over the intake with the new one I had in the garage earlier as the resonator on the original had broken off. Engine bay needs a good clean next but that'll be done when the car is 100% ready. Any advice on cleaning the engine/bay?