Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bloody Landlords

legendswraith

House was unfurnished apart from cooker and washing machine.

Still awaiting a response off the agents 3 days on as well.

If the house was unfurnished it may explain why you did not get an inventory to sign. Unless your lease specifically states that a cooker and washing machine are "fixtures/fittings" I think you may have real difficulty in obtaining redress via the courts.

If you are not seeing the threads properly and can only see one reply at a time, try clicking the blue "options" box on the corner of your post, scroll to "Diplay Modes" and select "Standard". That should fix it.

:D

Guessing you've also come into the site via a dodgy URL on Google or a search engine that turns on Linear+ or Outline too then! Right PITA that is!

If you are not seeing the threads properly and can only see one reply at a time, try clicking the blue "options" box on the corner of your post, scroll to "Diplay Modes" and select "Standard". That should fix it.

:D

Guessing you've also come into the site via a dodgy URL that turns on Linear+ or Outline too then! Right PITA that is!

I did that the other day I was very confused lol...

If the house was unfurnished it may explain why you did not get an inventory to sign. Unless your lease specifically states that a cooker and washing machine are "fixtures/fittings" I think you may have real difficulty in obtaining redress via the courts.

Yes but without an inventory that means nothing in the house is covered so i can technically remove anything i want and they have no redress either

Yes but without an inventory that means nothing in the house is covered so i can technically remove anything i want and they have no redress either

I think that would be the case as technically there is nothing there for you to remove. Things such as sanitary ware, boilers, fixed heaters etc. would be classed as forming an integral part of the property.

I think that would be the case as technically there is nothing there for you to remove. Things such as sanitary ware, boilers, fixed heaters etc. would be classed as forming an integral part of the property.

What i am also trying to get at is there is no record of the condition of the property without an inventory either, surely they can't be that daft.

What i am also trying to get at is there is no record of the condition of the property without an inventory either, surely they can't be that daft.

Daft on both sides. Are these people really proper letting agents. From the things you have stated it would seem that 1/ They are not very professional

2/ You have agreed (apparently) to a lease on a property where none of the normal salient points have been properly documented.

It might be an idea for you to go through your tenancy agreement very carefully to ensure that you have not inadvertently been "sold a pup".

Daft on both sides. Are these people really proper letting agents. From the things you have stated it would seem that 1/ They are not very professional

2/ You have agreed (apparently) to a lease on a property where none of the normal salient points have been properly documented.

It might be an idea for you to go through your tenancy agreement very carefully to ensure that you have not inadvertently been "sold a pup".

The Inventory should have come over the day we moved in but since then i have been chasing it. I have gone over the tenancy agreement very carefully already and i have double checked with the solicitor as well, i'm on very solid ground with this one.

I agree completely the agents are unprofessional and inept but thats Northwoods for you.

FWIW, and if it helps bring a different perspective, it is my understanding that if the machine has suffered an unforeseen and sudden failure, then yes the Landlord is responsible for repairing it. However if the failure is down to a user issue, such as build up of lime scale - then it is down to you (as the Tennant) to fix as this is a user issue and not a mechanical failure caused by worn part(s) etc.

Thats how I have always approached this situation (as a Landlord) - HTH.

FWIW, and if it helps bring a different perspective, it is my understanding that if the machine has suffered an unforeseen and sudden failure, then yes the Landlord is responsible for repairing it. However if the failure is down to a user issue, such as build up of lime scale - then it is down to you (as the Tennant) to fix as this is a user issue and not a mechanical failure caused by worn part(s) etc.

Thats how I have always approached this situation (as a Landlord) - HTH.

Its not limescale i'd have just got a new element if that was the case, the control box has bought the farm. Don't think the waters that hard to scale it up in 6 months though.But i can appreciate that angle although i would have argued that one too after the length of time lol

Well got a phonecall today right on the deadline as to when i said i would go and buy one and seek to recover the costs via court, and guess what all of a sudden they are willing to get it repaired or replaced. I think they have been hanging ot out to see if i would buy one for myself and allow them to slopey shoulder it. Just need to wait and see how long it takes them to get it done now.

Well got a phonecall today right on the deadline as to when i said i would go and buy one and seek to recover the costs via court, and guess what all of a sudden they are willing to get it repaired or replaced. I think they have been hanging ot out to see if i would buy one for myself and allow them to slopey shoulder it. Just need to wait and see how long it takes them to get it done now.

Hate people who do that sort of thing if it went to court you'd be waiting months & months and thats just to get a timeslot in court then the defendants drag it out as long as they can, my missus had issues with being sold an illeagal car nearly 2 years ago the final court date is January hoping for a healthy compensation pay out to make it worth our while.

Glad your getting it sorted :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links