Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keeping My Lexus Clean

I am picking up my new Astral black Is200 Sport tomorrow, and although it is not my first new car it is the first one that is not a company car . So I am actually going to look after this one !.

Is the best way to keep it clean to use good old fashioned muscle power or could I get away with putting it through the car wash ? Also when do I need to start waxing it , will the new gleam stay a while or will I have to get on the case early ?

Cheers

I am picking up my new Astral black Is200 Sport tomorrow, and although it is not my first new car it is the first one that is not a company car . So I am actually going to look after this one !.

Is the best way to keep it clean to use good old fashioned muscle power or could I get away with putting it through the car wash ? Also when do I need to start waxing it , will the new gleam stay a while or will I have to get on the case early ?

Cheers

I've NEVER put my Altezza through a car wash - I take pride in cleaning it myself - that's the only way you know it's going to be cleaned properly, and you get all the road grime out from all the nooks and crannies.

Occasionally if i'm being lazy (like at the moment :sleeping: ) I'll take it to a hand-wash valeting place, and then finish it off myself with some waxy polish, but in reality there's nothing like good old elbow grease... it'll keep the car looking newer longer....

'Fraid it has to be hand wash..... you don't want all the grit and stuff left over from the previous car wash user rubbed into your gleaming paintwork do you?

And use a good quality car wash.

Wax it straight off - give it a good base coat for protection if nothing else.

Then sit back and watch all the admiring looks from the neighbours!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links