Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx350 Sat Nav

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the LOC. I've traded my honda accord 2.4iVTEC Exec for a RX350 SE with all the toys which I pick up on Saturday - can't wait! I do have one question which, hopefuly, one of you very knowledgeable and experienced owners will be able to help me answer: when you first start the car, how long is it before the sat nav gets a satellite fix and is able to start giving directions? I ask because, on the honda, it is within a minute, but on my wife's tomtom, it can take up to 5 minutes. I had an afterfit dvd screen fitted to a saab 95 I once owned, and although when that got going it was very good and accurate, sometimes it could take 10 minutes to get ready - nearly made me late for an interview once!

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I guess I'll find out one way or another pretty soon!

Cheers.

Hi .

I had a honda accord 2.4iVTEC Exec and the nav system is one of the best and very easy to use . On my Honda it picked up instant and worked from the off ! The Lexus is the same , start the car , press "agree" on the screen and bobs your uncle !

Enjoy .

Jon .

It would be interesting to hear back on the useability front (comapring the Lexus Vs. the Honda) - IIRC the Lexus one doesn't allow for post code searching though?

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts though. Lovely choice of car [in the Lexus!]

It would be interesting to hear back on the useability front (comapring the Lexus Vs. the Honda) - IIRC the Lexus one doesn't allow for post code searching though?

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts though. Lovely choice of car [in the Lexus!]

I'll definitely come back and post my thoughts & comparisons - both in the drive & ownership of the cars, and specifically on the sat nav

Cheers

You can search by post code in the RX350 if it has the multimedia system.

Unless the more recent ones have changed, you cannot do a full post code search. You can enter the first part of the post code but then you have to enter at least the street number. And if there isn't a street number, you are up a gum tree.

I keep a Tom Tom stored in the car to deal with the more difficult addresses that the Lexus can't find . . . . . :angry:

Unless the more recent ones have changed, you cannot do a full post code search. You can enter the first part of the post code but then you have to enter at least the street number. And if there isn't a street number, you are up a gum tree.

I keep a Tom Tom stored in the car to deal with the more difficult addresses that the Lexus can't find . . . . . :angry:

You're right - it's not a FULL post code search.

Thanks for all your helpful replies. I've finally picked up my RX350 SE. and I absolutely love. And - of course you were right - the sat nav picks up straight away. As for the search by post code feature, well that's the same as was on my Honda Accord, i.e part post code only, so no loss there. The quality of the navigation instructions, however, are an order of magnitude better in the RX in my opinion. And, of course, the navigation screen itself is also superb.

Merry Xmas All.

Cheers