Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Enine Warning Light Problem Help

Hi I have a mk1 gs300 and in the last couple of days I have had the engine warning light come on when I am braking quite hard just for a second then it goes off again. its only happened in the last couple of days. any ideas what it could be.

recently I have had new rear tyres fitted, topped up the oil but its going for an oil and filter service today and fitted a injen air filter. would any of those cause the issue. the car runs mint and little things like this really bug me any ideas help please!

Hi I have a mk1 gs300 and in the last couple of days I have had the engine warning light come on when I am braking quite hard just for a second then it goes off again. its only happened in the last couple of days. any ideas what it could be.

recently I have had new rear tyres fitted, topped up the oil but its going for an oil and filter service today and fitted a injen air filter. would any of those cause the issue. the car runs mint and little things like this really bug me any ideas help please!

The light that comes on is the red one on the dash with the " ! " symbol. What does that mean? What could that be?

The light that comes on is the red one on the dash with the " ! " symbol. What does that mean? What could that be?

This is an easy one for you . . . check your brake fluid level. Most likely it is close to the lower level and when you brake hard the fluid moves forward and triggers the sensor causing your warning light to come on.

That light is not an engine warning light. It is a brake warning. If your brake fluid is low it could be causing the light to illuminate. Check your fluid level and if it is low try to find out why it is low. Most likely cause is (hopefully) just pads wearing.

That light is not an engine warning light. It is a brake warning. If your brake fluid is low it could be causing the light to illuminate. Check your fluid level and if it is low try to find out why it is low. Most likely cause is (hopefully) just pads wearing.

As dave says its the brake warning light looks like ( ! ) on the console. If its not fluid or pads have a look at your handbrake signal wire as well might be a loose connection

As dave says its the brake warning light looks like ( ! ) on the console. If its not fluid or pads have a look at your handbrake signal wire as well might be a loose connection

Thanks guys thats good to know think fluid just needs a top up. Nothing major everything is running mint now.