Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tata

dave1

So Tata are after a loan from the public purse. Ratan Tata ,who sits on the Fiat Board, can afford to sponsor Ferrari next year but wants HMG to bail out Jaguar/Landrover. Why do they need any taxpayers money if they can use Tata Group money for F1 sponsorship?

i think the time to have bailed anyone out was when rover ran out of money, at least it was still British then, however .....now its all foreign it can be bailed out, considering TATA only bought jag/LR a few months ago, it makes me wonder if this was a pre planned idea of TATA

global politics....not in favor of British interests!

i think the time to have bailed anyone out was when rover ran out of money, at least it was still British then, however .....now its all foreign it can be bailed out, considering TATA only bought jag/LR a few months ago, it makes me wonder if this was a pre planned idea of TATA

global politics....not in favor of British interests!

It is all a ploy to lower the value of the £ and before we know whats happening we will all have Euros in our wallets........... Or am I just synical?

theres always more in it than we can see or know...

who knows how much GM have loaned/gifted the US government and now they are borrowing millions in their time of need. im not saying tata have lent money to the UK government, im just hoping the UK government have our best interests...

who knows how much GM have loaned/gifted the US government and now they are borrowing millions in their time of need. im not saying tata have lent money to the UK government, im just hoping the UK government have our best interests...

TaTa is now owned by an indian firm so maybe the indian goverment should get its hands in its pocket. If the goverment are canny they will let it fold then buy Jag and nationalise it for a while on the cheap rather than bail out foreign nationals

TaTa is now owned by an indian firm so maybe the indian goverment should get its hands in its pocket. If the goverment are canny they will let it fold then buy Jag and nationalise it for a while on the cheap rather than bail out foreign nationals

I know TaTa is indian, the UK cant keep anything to themselves. first it was sold to the americans now its in the indian hands.. and theres talk of royal snail going to foreign hands. whens the queen going up for sale?

i personally dont think the UK should help. the UK gives billions in aid to countries like india yet they can afford to have a nuclear arsenal? ****** my money away!

I agree, it was a real pity that Longbridge closed down, I think a lot of people were disappointed it happened even if they weren't customers. I had a 200vi and a ZS180 off them which I really liked, especially the MG. I also had a ZR but that was a load of rubbish!

I think the trouble with Longbridge was that it was already bailed out once by the govt, after the BL mess the govt nationalised it back in the late 70's and pumped in the equivalent of £11 billion in todays money. Then they sold it to British Aerospace for £1, who less than 10 years later sold it to BMW for £700 million I think. I suspect back in 2005 the govt just wasn't prepared to bail them out again.

Funny though how it would have been small fry to bail them out, compared to what they can find to bail the banks out.

If the goverment are canny they will let it fold then buy Jag and nationalise it for a while on the cheap rather than bail out foreign nationals

That is a very interesting idea, because it's the reverse of what China (SAIC and NAC) did with MG Rover! SAIC were going to take a stake in the company, then realised it would be better for wait for them to go out of business and buy the leftovers cheap.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links