Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Low Noise Tires

TheWhiteUnicorn

Hi,

does some one know the list of tires where they are compared with noise levels?

My IS250 is a good car but with 17inch wheels tires are low profiled and therefore quite noisy.

So the list of winter and summer tires would be nice to choose the lowest noise levels available :) While keeping the good grip for your car :P

well i have just chopped the 245-40-18 run flat tyres on my GS (Bridgestone ones i think) for a full set of Falken FK452's and they are so much quieter. and damn good value too

• 2 weeks later...
well i have just chopped the 245-40-18 run flat tyres on my GS (Bridgestone ones i think) for a full set of Falken FK452's and they are so much quieter. and damn good value too

a lot of the run flats are very noisey if not all of them this is due to the hardness of the sidewalls!!bmw found this a problem with their minis and lots of people complainin about the noise.....their fix remove the run flats and put normal tyres on..so if you have run flats change to any normal tyre ,budget or expensive and you should notice the diff straight away!!

Fitted FK452's to rear of my old 300 sport. Impressed me in every way. Had my front tyres ( Rainsport 1's ) transferred to my 430 but rears (275) were too wide for my rims on 430. I will almost certainly go for the FK 452's when I need new tyres again.