Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey guys,

My wife just called and said that someone broke in, stole the car keys and the car .... I'm away and back this evening ...

The police is coming round and insurance people are coming tomorrow .

I just bought it two months ago ... how would i know if it has a tracking device ?

Number plate is LT56UYE (IS250).

Cheers

Matt

Hey guys,

My wife just called and said that someone broke in, stole the car keys and the car .... I'm away and back this evening ...

I just bought it two months ago ... how would i know if it has a tracking device ?

Cheers

Matt

If you had a tracker fitted, you would have had to pay them to transfer it/register it in your name. Also, they are not often fitted to cars under £50K. You could try contacting them via www.tracker.com or phone them and wait 20 minutes for them to answer. Either way, I hope it all turns out OK for you.

I would have thought to phone the people (company) that you purchased it from to find out that info. Maybe useful to post image of the car (if you have any, as it's new) then others will keep a look out for it. Theres a very slim chance that someone may see it, a little chance is better than none It's new so i don't think you have anything distintive on it that people can look out for. Thats the ones the crooks tend to go for as it's easy to sell and blend in with the average household car. You may find out that someone else or few others also got their cars stolen on your street as these gang operate on a whole street at a time, as you have found out..by breaking into your house and taking keys. Did they steal anything else in your house or did they just want the car? Sorry to see this as it's something you really don't need especially over xmas/new year time.

Guest inicol63

Sorry to here your car got stolen.

I got a letter from the police yesterday to inform me that cars in my area were being taken off driveways.

Often the houses were being broken into and the keys taken from inside the house.

The letter were hand delivered, i think this was delivere as i have Three cars on the drive.

Hey guys,

Cheers

Matt

Feel so sorry for you.

This form of theft is the favourite nowadays because cars are very difficult to steal without the keys. Best defence is to put car keys somewhere obscure. The thieves know the favourite spots or they have seen you put them down. Always take them upstairs at night if you can.

Sorry to here your car got stolen.

I got a letter from the police yesterday to inform me that cars in my area were being taken off driveways.

Often the houses were being broken into and the keys taken from inside the house.

The letter were hand delivered, i think this was delivere as i have Three cars on the drive.

No need to shout.

Feel for you though mblack. Must be gutting to hear you've been a victim of a car theft! Scum bags! Hope they catch the low life!

Thanks guys, I just got back (gig in Russia) it could have been worse ... my wife is pregnant and she was asleep when the ***** broke in..

that's the car ... bought it 2 months ago from car giant (a nightmare experience in itself but that's another story... )

Its midnight blue

Reg - LT56UYE with 21400 miles , mint condition just been serviced by Lexus in edgware.

They got my mac book pro as well and couple of expensive jackets, navigator and shades (i kept some stuff in the car) they left the xbox 360 though :hehe: :shutit:

Police were here dusting but they only found a partial shoe print (I like CSI lol it was quite an experience to see it in real life)

Thanks

Matt

post-26289-1229888962.jpg

Thanks guys, I just got back (gig in Russia) it could have been worse ... my wife is pregnant and she was asleep when the ***** broke in..

that's the car ... bought it 2 months ago from car giant (a nightmare experience in itself but that's another story... )

Its midnight blue

Reg - LT56UYE with 21400 miles , mint condition just been serviced by Lexus in edgware.

Sorry to hear about your house being broken into and the car getting stolen :(

Gig in Russia - wasn't Whitesnake was it?

Id say you were lucky they found your keys mate. If your wife pregnant and they had been desperate they could have resorted to going upstairs so its best you leave keys in an obviouse place but out of sight offcourse. End of the day its a car and you have insurance.

Id say you were lucky they found your keys mate. If your wife pregnant and they had been desperate they could have resorted to going upstairs so its best you leave keys in an obviouse place but out of sight offcourse. End of the day its a car and you have insurance.

I think I will check with the police about this one and get a recommendation about best place during the day, best place at night. I will also ask them which vehicles are at high risk.

I think if they attack you or make violent threats it puts the crime into a whole new situation.

IMHO opinion best place is away from doors, away from windows so they can't be seen of got with a rod and line from outside - then somewhere on ground floor easily seen and found. They can then take them if they can be bothered to get in without having to "ask " you ;) Bear in mind if they kick a door in or smash a window they are going to be tooled up to take what they came for.

keys were by the door ... on a table (no one could see them from the outside)

police said that there's an epidemic of this sort of crime.

thieves these days like cars, no more TV and the usual stuff ... they can't be bothered, in and out.

:(

gig was deepest blue ... im not that old :whistling:

Any distinguishing features? Stickers in the back window, etc?

On a different note, is the MacBook trackable? apple have some weird and wonderful Internet-based tracking feature, don't they, so they can trace it when it's online?

Any distinguishing features? Stickers in the back window, etc?

On a different note, is the MacBook trackable? Apple have some weird and wonderful Internet-based tracking feature, don't they, so they can trace it when it's online?

A gold membership tax disk sticker... lol

clean car ... midnight blue .

• 2 weeks later...
They found it !

But no Key ...

Now i want a Lexus garage to fix it and the insurance company is saying that only if their engineer approves, they'll pay it.

Well done mate, I bet you are over the moon now.

Is there any damage to the car and did they get the Scum who stole it??

but if they still have the keys that cant be good, will have to get that sorted so they cant nick it again

A very happy ending to you ordeal, just about

nice one!

in regards to leaving keys on the side, i would still do the same thing, personally i would prefer they broke in and got them rather than beating up my family to get the keys... not worth it.

Obviously not in view of the letterbox.

well apparently there is some damage ... they found it abandoned .

Just trying to sort it so they get it to the Lexus Garage ...

Thank god nothing happened to my wife, she was alone.

And lucky i wasn't in the house, police said that if you harm a robber, you go to jail.

I asked them ' what happens if he stumble and falls on a knife '? or repeatedly bangs his head against a baseball bat ? and they said :iraqi-info-minister:

Anyway, it could have been a she ...

I'll let you know what state the car is in when i see it ... it was Mint, not a scratch, everything was perfect.

I hope they haven't smoked in the car ... that would be crossing the line :tsktsk: :sick: