Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flip Keys

legendswraith

So do you get these from E-bay or are they supplied from yourself mate ?

I buy them in basically from whoever does them be it eBay or one of the trade places. Transponder keys have to come from trade as i can't find another source and they are just solid normal keys not flips

i got the same one off eBay couple days ago and have swapped the guts. I have to say im not really impressed. there very light, and the plastic feels quite cheap, and its quite chunky. Certainly not the type of key you would expect from driving a lexus. It is pretty cool that its a flip key, but im gonna continue to search for one thats better made and has a more expensive/luxury feel to it. My friend wanted me to order 2 as he wanted one but i only ordered mine, now he's looked at mine he no longer wants one!..

i got the same one off ebay couple days ago and have swapped the guts. I have to say im not really impressed. there very light, and the plastic feels quite cheap, and its quite chunky. Certainly not the type of key you would expect from driving a lexus. It is pretty cool that its a flip key, but im gonna continue to search for one thats better made and has a more expensive/luxury feel to it. My friend wanted me to order 2 as he wanted one but i only ordered mine, now he's looked at mine he no longer wants one!..

Gutted mate as i ordered same one :crybaby:

i got the same one off ebay couple days ago and have swapped the guts. I have to say im not really impressed. there very light, and the plastic feels quite cheap, and its quite chunky. Certainly not the type of key you would expect from driving a lexus. It is pretty cool that its a flip key, but im gonna continue to search for one thats better made and has a more expensive/luxury feel to it. My friend wanted me to order 2 as he wanted one but i only ordered mine, now he's looked at mine he no longer wants one!..

Gutted mate as i ordered same one :crybaby:

Be sure to add to this thread if you're not impressed to as Im very close to ordering one myself...

i guess it just depends on individual taste. i like things that feel expensive, with a little weight. But this does feel cheap and tacky and the spring mechanism is a lil well cheap and tacky lol.

For the record i will use this as my main key as still looks ok, just wont let anyone examine it.

oh and another negative, i want the lexus symbol on my key!?

i guess it just depends on individual taste. i like things that feel expensive, with a little weight. But this does feel cheap and tacky and the spring mechanism is a lil well cheap and tacky lol.

For the record i will use this as my main key as still looks ok, just wont let anyone examine it.

oh and another negative, i want the lexus symbol on my key!?

thats why i have some going for testers etc to get feedback ;)

If its the same key you should have had a lexus symbol with it, its a small metal adhesive backed oval

Found some others on ebay. They look a little better but are loads more! Click Me

They have the remote in as well which is why they are more but still a good price for the whole thing rather than a shell if you consider dealer prices

Same here - I've had mine for about 6 months. Having a flip key is nice but the thing is BIG (way bigger than say a vw flip key), chunky and tbh feels quite cheap. The gold around the plastic where the key ring goes has all flaked off too.

Overall - it's definitely a cheaper alternative if you need a spare/replacement key but do not expect an OEM-Lexus feel to it.

YMMV