Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flip Keys

legendswraith

I have the means and the contacts to be able to cut flip keys for the IS and GS lexus. I am doing a couple of experiments atm to see how successful it is cutting for different models in the range, should it be successful i may be able to offer it as a service.

So just as an idea how many members would be interested in flip keys and what would you expect to pay for them (don't worry it'll be not even a 1/4 of dealers price)

post-9117-1229874415.jpg

thats the results basically and hopefully once the others are done for the test we'll be able to see how durable they are too

Whats the quality like of the flip keys? anywhere near OEM? If so i'd be interested. :)

Thats why i have a couple of guinea pigs to try them out, sort of a QA check. Its a straight swap with the 3 button innards takes about 10 seconds if you are reasonably deft with a screwdriver

im certainly intersted..

I need a second set of keys..

How much would it be with a transponder unit in there as well?

Would probably be after a pair

No idea atm as this is just to gauge interest but i can get hold of transponder keys but not the full remotes

just ordered one of them keys from the link u posted. looks cool.

hope it works.

well mine works fine so you should have no problems. The key is slightly longer than normal (45mm compared to 40mm ) but that makes no difference

So are the ones you can get the same as the ones on ebay or different in some way ?

the flip ones are the same its jsut an empty shell with the key attached, a transponder key would have to be ordered from a proper distributor.

how much did it cost you to have the key cut?

doesn't cost me anything because i own a machine to cut them lol. If you go to a local it will cost you between £ 5 & £10 i would think, you would be better off going to an independant rather than a timpsons etc if you want it cheap though

would i need to send you the key?

or is it a perfect excuse to pop up to the norfolk area to have a pint... lol

you could pop up to norfolk but i'm in the midlands lol. Just working out the possibilitys atm wait till i've done the tests to make sure they don't break easily or fall apart for no apparent reason.