Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removing Lettering Off The Boot.

I want to take the lettering off the back of the car. Why? I just think it looks a little tacky, and I think cars look nicer without the lettering on them.

Whats the best way to do it? Can they be pulled off by hand? Do they have to be prized off?

Is there any chance of the paint coming off with the letters? The car is black.

Anyone done this?

Oh, there will be a small weight saving also, more fuel ecconomy. Hehe :)

heat the letterings with a hairdryer.....then grab some dental floss or some threading and place it behind the letters and slowly swing it side to side with pressure and start to bring it down to take it off

wipe with lighter fluid after to clean it up...

i have seen quite a few with this done so i would imagine its possible with no holes etc. on other cars i have used an old credit card to remove the sticky residue left behind with no scratches. i may well do this over the christmas holidays! i will post photos if anybody wants to use mine as a guinea pig!!

i have seen quite a few with this done so i would imagine its possible with no holes etc. on other cars i have used an old credit card to remove the sticky residue left behind with no scratches. i may well do this over the christmas holidays! i will post photos if anybody wants to use mine as a guinea pig!!

The 250 and 220D badges and lettering have small alignment holes that will show once you've taken off the plastic chrome, so if you want to debadge be prepared to get them filled.

badgemountsfn0.jpgimg1176large1ap3.jpg

The 250 and 220D badges and lettering have small alignment holes that will show once you've taken off the plastic chrome, so if you want to debadge be prepared to get them filled.

badgemountsfn0.jpgimg1176large1ap3.jpg

Thanks for the confirmation of the studs Tango. I wasn't considering removing the big L, only the "lexus" and the "is250". But it seems that the lexus name has studs too :/

I've just looked a the boot again, and I'm thinking it would proabably look better with the big L removed aswell.

Do you have any recomendation for filling the holes? Would a comany like "Chips Away" be able to do that? I'm guessing they would charge at least £100 for the job.

EDIT : Maybe Chips Away would do the whole job. I hate to think of the cost, but without doing it myself with bluetack and nail varnish, I'd have no idea where to try.