Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys, im new to this forum, my names Lee and I own an accident repair centre, I drive an M3, but thought I'd share this with you as Ive just bought it for my Mrs, it was stolen recovered from the NHS, it should have been repaired by us for Norwich Union but the NHS didnt want it back and after several months Norwich Union Finally decided to write it off,as its been in my bodyshop for the past few months anyway, I got offered it at silly money £2500 its a 2007 IS220d SE-L with a very high spec and low mileage, the damage is reasonable but should never of been written off, heres a breif list of what required...

-o/s chassis realignment

-front bumper

-steering column

-steering rack

-lower suspension arm

-o/s/f wing

-o/s/f door

-o/s/r door [repair only]

-o/s/r quarter [repair only]

-rear bumper [repair only]

-n/s/f wing

-n/s/f door

-front screen

Here are some pics this will look like brand new when finished [we are approved by most prestige manufactures]

Extras im fitting will include

-different alloys

-spoiler

-front splitter

-Eibachs

any recomondations on the above or advice on modifying will be much appreciated, I will also add updates through out the project as it progresses ,completion date will hopefully be around mid Jan

Picture357.jpg

Picture356.jpg

100_0601.jpg

100_0604.jpg

100_0608.jpg

100_0607.jpg

You lucky sod! lol. Welcome to the club mate! Thats one nice project and bargain! I've currently got a project underway which is a cat d damaged IS200 and that will hopefully be on the road soon. Pics can be found on my project thread. Hope yours goes well. Very lucky tho as you own your own bodyshop

So did they steal it with the keys and did you get all the keys back? If not ......... well I expect you already know ;)

Are you going to keep it? If so you have a bargain there.

Hi Steve, yes got all the fobs [keyless entry], they stole the fobs out of his house then took the car.

I will be keeping it but it will be for my wife,meaning she wont have to drive my M3 anymore :whistling: :winky:

update**

well ive been fairly busy wiith it the past few days althought the pics dont tell the whole story as lots has been done under the skin, chassis jigged straight, its now within tolerance of the factory, or maybe even tighter as our tolerances on alignment is tighter than when they leave the factory.

Eibach suspension fitted, new steering rack fitted and calibrated, new steering column fitted and set. Here are a few pics although the suspension,hubs ,brakes etc are all now fitted back although not pictured as yet.

100_0639.jpg

100_0628.jpg

100_0629.jpg

Ive now really got into this project, and have decided to do a total show winning repaint in a pearlescent Blue with a purple tint to it, what do you think?

Now thats quite an update mate, you've really got on with this project and I think have progressed with it loads in a very short space of time. Cant wait to see the finished project. I like the sound of the perlescent blue paint, will be something different. Seeing as its a 220d are you going to remap it as well?

update**

well ive been fairly busy wiith it the past few days althought the pics dont tell the whole story as lots has been done under the skin, chassis jigged straight, its now within tolerance of the factory, or maybe even tighter as our tolerances on alignment is tighter than when they leave the factory.

Eibach suspension fitted, new steering rack fitted and calibrated, new steering column fitted and set. Here are a few pics although the suspension,hubs ,brakes etc are all now fitted back although not pictured as yet.

100_0639.jpg

100_0628.jpg

100_0629.jpg

Ive now really got into this project, and have decided to do a total show winning repaint in a pearlescent Blue with a purple tint to it, what do you think?

i have canterbury blue pearl which is very interesting in different lights so it's a thumbs up from me,a colour swatch would be nice though.

i have canterbury blue pearl which is very interesting in different lights so it's a thumbs up from me,a colour swatch would be nice though.

As do I - it really is the nicest colour in them I think - and the pearlescence in the canterbury blue in sunlight REALLY sparkles.

As do I - it really is the nicest colour in them I think - and the pearlescence in the canterbury blue in sunlight REALLY sparkles.

yes indeed,strange why it has been discontinued,spruced mine up on christmas eve with the carlack which gives amazing gloss and flake pop.

Now thats quite an update mate, you've really got on with this project and I think have progressed with it loads in a very short space of time. Cant wait to see the finished project. I like the sound of the perlescent blue paint, will be something different. Seeing as its a 220d are you going to remap it as well?

Thanks friend, have you got anymore info on remapping the 220d I wasnt aware they remapped them? but wll have it done id it can be?

Also in reference to the colour here is a Cobra I painted a few weeks back in the blue im doing the Lexus in, it is actually more purpley blue than it looks in the photo, but my god its a gorgous color with so must impact and zerillc pearl. what do you think guys, also this colour change will by far exceed Lexus's acceptable standard or indeed any quality manufacturer, so it will be totally undetectible that its been done[[ and will infact beat the paint standard of Lexus which is damn high anyway]], other than the lexus computer system and dvla formely having it down as silver which will be changed once ive certified the job

008-3.jpg

also good to see some interest in the project, wasnt sure what kind of reception i would get, and thought it would have hardly any replies...so thanks guys :winky:

blade 29,while you are on the subject of paint,is there any one clearcoat that will give increased stone chip protection

We are finding the compliant ulta high solid clearcoat from Sikkens to be one of the best on the market. And is the lacquer I prefer.

blade 29,while you are on the subject of paint,is there any one clearcoat that will give increased stone chip protection

We are finding the compliant ulta high solid clearcoat from Sikkens to be one of the best on the market. And is the lacquer I prefer.

have you any experience of the ceramiclear,i only ask as i need some paintwork doing and want the most durable product for resisting stone chipping.

have you any experience of the ceramiclear,i only ask as i need some paintwork doing and want the most durable product for resisting stone chipping.

Its a PPG product, I have used PPG products in the past, and seem to recall their basecoat system is quite good, We soley use Sikkens products as they approved buy most manufacturers so we have to use it to maintain warranties etc.

But worth bearing in mind the products are only as good as the guy painting them. and clearcoats are only as good as the basecoat and primers beneath them

yes indeed,strange why it has been discontinued,spruced mine up on christmas eve with the carlack which gives amazing gloss and flake pop.

Yeah, that is strange - I got the new brochure recently, and was shocked that they'd pulled what I consider to be the best looking colour.

Still, means the colour I have will continue to be a bit rare and unusual - plenty of black, silver and red about, but I see very few cantebury blue.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks friend, have you got anymore info on remapping the 220d I wasnt aware they remapped them? but wll have it done id it can be?

Also in reference to the colour here is a Cobra I painted a few weeks back in the blue im doing the Lexus in, it is actually more purpley blue than it looks in the photo, but my god its a gorgous color with so must impact and zerillc pearl. what do you think guys, also this colour change will by far exceed Lexus's acceptable standard or indeed any quality manufacturer, so it will be totally undetectible that its been done[[ and will infact beat the paint standard of Lexus which is damn high anyway]], other than the lexus computer system and dvla formely having it down as silver which will be changed once ive certified the job

008-3.jpg

also good to see some interest in the project, wasnt sure what kind of reception i would get, and thought it would have hardly any replies...so thanks guys :winky:

Hey mate, hows the project coming along? Hope its coming along smoothly. Mines nearly done and I'll be popping down to the garage today to drop off a part which was needed at the last minute. Its only a connector for the headlamp washers but needed in order for one of them to work. As for the remapping, I'm not too sure whats involved when it comes to the IS220d to be honest mate but before I bought my lex I wanted to get a Honda Accord 2.2i CDTi turbo diesel so was doing a lot of research into them so in their respect from what I know I can tell you, they're 138bhp standard but can be remapped to 190bhp and 300lbft torque, and have seen that a few people have had this done on the accord owners club so if a garage is confident enough and have a map available then I'm sure its possible. If it is possible then you'll defo be having some fun the the much increased torque whatever it may be ;)