Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Updated 2008/09 Sat Nav Dvd

I got in touch with my dealer as soon as I knew there was an updated sat nav DVD coming out. I was contacted on Friday and had it fitted - I am not good with screw drivers etc. (Not sure the chap was over impressed when he opened the boot to access the tool kit that is in there, apparantly, and found half a ton of golf clubs!!) I was charged £114 inv VAT, which is a discounted price.

I am sure roads that I have never heard of and will never use have been updated, but for me the biggest improvement is the ability to use the thing whilst driving. As far as I can tell the postcode search is still not as good as a Tom Tom, i.e. it is only partial, and you still have to agree not to break the law when starting up.

The only other thing is not being able to telephone out to a number unless it is a speed dial. Has anyone else updated and have other improvements to mention?

Only been an owner for three months or so but love the car - and this forum.

So it's updated maps and sat nav entry on the move?

As far as I can tell yes, but as a relative newbie I may have missed some other subtle updates.

I got in touch with my dealer as soon as I knew there was an updated sat nav DVD coming out. I was contacted on Friday and had it fitted - I am not good with screw drivers etc. (Not sure the chap was over impressed when he opened the boot to access the tool kit that is in there, apparantly, and found half a ton of golf clubs!!) I was charged £114 inv VAT, which is a discounted price.

I am sure roads that I have never heard of and will never use have been updated, but for me the biggest improvement is the ability to use the thing whilst driving. As far as I can tell the postcode search is still not as good as a Tom Tom, i.e. it is only partial, and you still have to agree not to break the law when starting up.

The only other thing is not being able to telephone out to a number unless it is a speed dial. Has anyone else updated and have other improvements to mention?

As for audio, does it let you browse mp3 folders/cd track list while on the move?

As for audio, does it let you browse mp3 folders/cd track list while on the move?

Regret I don't know. I plugged the i phone in and via the aux button could listen to my music but there didn't seem to be any other functionality.

• 3 weeks later...
Mine allows me to use my voice commands on my phone:yours should also allow this along with Park Assist.

Tel

What is the change to Park Assist? I have the reversing camera but not the sensors. Also, does the voice command work with the Iphone? Cheers.

hi mate just a quickier does the latest sat nav let you search by postcodes because my current one is from a 55 plate and does not let you search by postcodes? thanks

As I mentioned in an earlier post is only lets you do a partial postcode search. I don't know what version of the software a 55 plate uses. Maybe contact a Lexus main dealer and see what they can do for you. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Just to confirm my September 2008 MM allows me to use "Dial by Name" to contact anyone in my Phone Book whilst the Park Assist has additional graphics on the MM Screen & the Camera Image plus voice guidance if the steering wheel is turned too far into the curb when parallel parking:very clever!

Tel

Just to confirm my September 2008 MM allows me to use "Dial by Name" to contact anyone in my Phone Book whilst the Park Assist has additional graphics on the MM Screen & the Camera Image plus voice guidance if the steering wheel is turned too far into the curb when parallel parking:very clever!

Tel

Thanks for clarifying.

Tel

Does the nav disc upgrade also upgrade the MM firmware (e.g. ? Or can this be upgraded separately?

So it's updated maps and sat nav entry on the move?

As far as I can tell yes, but as a relative newbie I may have missed some other subtle updates.

is that deifnatly the case? Coz i asked the sales guy at lexus birmingham and he said the new dvd doesnt offer that..it doesnt update any firmware or software..or does he not know what hes talking about? what year is your car?

the current disc in my car has p/n 86271-0w060. on http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ it says theres a upgrade with p/n pz485-x03eu-08. can anyone confirm this is same as on theirs whcih allows satnav entry on the go and also revised park assist which tells u if ur steering wheel is turned too far etc on parallel parking?

the current disc in my car has p/n 86271-0w060. on http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ it says theres a upgrade with p/n pz485-x03eu-08. can anyone confirm this is same as on theirs whcih allows satnav entry on the go and also revised park assist which tells u if ur steering wheel is turned too far etc on parallel parking?

I am not sure about the serial number or whether it is software or firmware, but what I can definately confirm is that the new disc DOES allow input entry on the move. This was the main reason for me upgrading. I have the MM but no park assist so don't know about the second point.

Cheers.

Does the "I agree" screen now automatically disappear after a few seconds if you don't press it, or do you still have to press it?

I am afraid that the nannies that put it together still need you to agree to whatever is says on the screen!

I am not sure about the serial number or whether it is software or firmware, but what I can definately confirm is that the new disc DOES allow input entry on the move. This was the main reason for me upgrading. I have the MM but no park assist so don't know about the second point.

Cheers.

wat yr is ur car? and u havent got a rear view camera?

Cheers.

wat yr is ur car? and u havent got a rear view camera?

Mine is an 07 plate. I do have the camera but assume this is something different to the park assist. Am I missing something?

Tel

Mine is an 07 plate. I do have the camera but assume this is something different to the park assist. Am I missing something?

i just thot the accoding to TEL this new DVD offers nav entry on the move and also this revised park assist that he mentions. The IS hasnt got any self-parking features like the LS, so the only thing that could be is the when on reverse on the screen it displays those green/yellow/red lines to say roughly where the car will end up if the steering wheel is positioned at a certain angle. But then that could be what i have already, (and im presuming your screen also shows you what i've just said?) but i dont think mine has voice guidance for that function...

I think the car needs to have parking sensors to have the fancy park assist - and as such believe it's only available on the SE-L

As the OP has an SE, this is why he doesn't have this feature :)

Tel

i just thot the accoding to TEL this new DVD offers nav entry on the move and also this revised park assist that he mentions. The IS hasnt got any self-parking features like the LS, so the only thing that could be is the when on reverse on the screen it displays those green/yellow/red lines to say roughly where the car will end up if the steering wheel is positioned at a certain angle. But then that could be what i have already, (and im presuming your screen also shows you what i've just said?) but i dont think mine has voice guidance for that function...

I do have the display as you rightly mention, but have never realy taken much notice of it. I like the camera but (so far) haven't needed any other help in parking. I might give it a go and see if the voice thing works. I must admit I have only tried to use it a coule of times and turned the climate off instead of the audio!! :crybaby:

Off out shortly so will report back!

I think the car needs to have parking sensors to have the fancy park assist - and as such believe it's only available on the SE-L

As the OP has an SE, this is why he doesn't have this feature :)

mite make sense..lets see what DFP reports back :) dont even know if TEL has the newest dvd..coz im sure u can use voice commands on the move on pre-08 cars too..

can confirm that park assist tel was on about is available on all cars with mm and rear view camera(not sure if sensors are needed). tried it today, and when reversing, u just have to select the different option on the bottom right of the screen. this changes the mode.