Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Can you just buy any wipers for the IS250? The one I have has "heated wipers", so i was not too certain.

I am fairly sure......I think...that i could probably go and buy any wipers, just not confident that it would all work properly.

Does any one know? What do people use?

Thanks

Greig:D

The actual wipers don't heat, if you lift up your wipers you'll see heat strips that defrosts them when needed.

Hello

Thank you for the reply. I will have a look in the morning, just to see :), then ill pop out to the local factors and get some. :D

Thanks

Greig

• 1 month later...

Back up for this topic.....................

I have not looked too hard for wipers till this week. I have now discovered that Bosch and PIAA, according to their application lists, do not make them either. I did find that Halfrauds do them but I bought these as a replacement on another car and they were awful.

Any ideas, suggestions? :D

I can go to Lexus which is a bit of a drive, but an easier option for the future would be handy.

Thanks

Greig

As far as I can tell they are odd wipers- I've not found any available outside of a Lexus dealer. The good news is that you can easily just change the rubbers which could be posted to you from the dealer. The bad news is that they are outrageously expensive for two extruded rubber bits and seem to last about 2 months before they start squeaking occasionally.

When you change them, you will need to remove the two metal strips which give the blade its correct curvature- make sure you reinstall them the right way up...