Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Mk Iii Tyre Pressure Sensors

Just a quick note of warning about the pressure sensors fitted to the MK III GS300's.

I just bought one but before I did the deal the garage had to get one of the pressure sensors in one of the wheels replaced.

It seems that the fancy dust caps get nicked by the kids for their bikes then you replace them with cheap alloy ones.

Problem is that the cheap alloy ones corrode on very easily. The valve stem on this car was snapped by a heavy handed tyre shop when he tried to force the dust cap off.

Luckily the garage I was buying the car from got this one replaced by Lexus before I bought the car but I priced the job myself and the cost would have been 150 quid for the sensor and a further 80 quid or so labour. The sensor has to be fitted by lexus then registered on the diagnostic computer so that the car recognises it.

Be warned, get all 4 of your dust caps off right now and get some copperslip onto the threads or you may get a big shock the nect time you go to quickfit !

Aren't they supposed to change the valves anyway when they change the tyres?

I have cheap black plastic ones on mine these days. They do the same job, cost almost nothing, and don't get nicked. Maybe I'm just getting old! :)

Just a quick additional word of caution. If yours are corroded on then do not use force to get them off as that is what snaps the valve.

Use plenty of releasing fluid and ease them off gently !

The sensors are located at the back of the valve.

The owner of the garage showed me the broken one.

The valve stem sticks out out of the sensor and the sensor is secured by the external nut.

The problem is any force on the stem snaps it.

One of our company cars is a Renault Laguna with tyre sensors, it now tells us that it has 4 flat tyres all the time? Got fed up of paying out for the special valves as they keep snapping too. It is a renault though so we are used to the dash being lit up like an xmas tree. lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links