Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For A Gs 450h Se-l - For Days!

I've been looking for a Lexus GS 450h for days.

I just can't find any with the requirements that I want.

I can't see a single one thoughout the UK.

I'm looking for a used one:

SE-L Model

Black with Black

2008 model or later

Has Adaptive Cruise Control

Low Price

Does anyone know of any available?

JH

I can take it as late as it goes as long as the price is right for me.

It can be 58 or 09 but if the price is just the same as a new one, then there's no point buying 2nd hand.

Any offers out there?

JH

dont think you will find a second hand 09 :whistling:

Auto Trader has several 08 listed at between £30-£35k, all very low miles from main dealers, so maybe ex dem.

You need to look at what model year car you want.

06 model year cars in SE-L had a sunroof and adaptive cruise control fitted as standard, these cars ran out on 08 plates and are a bit cheaper.

08 Model year cars in SE-L do not have adaptive cruise or a sunroof fitted but do have the semi analine leather and wood steering wheel. You can tell these cars by the indicators in the door mirrors and the different front grill.

They do offer the sunroof and the adaptive cruise as a factory fitted extra but it costs £2835, no dealers will have a demo with this on because it adds no value to the car when they sell it on.

My advise would be to buy the 06 model if you want the adaptive cruise, or order a new one and shop for the best price

Auto Trader has several 08 listed at between £30-£35k, all very low miles from main dealers, so maybe ex dem.

You need to look at what model year car you want.

06 model year cars in SE-L had a sunroof and adaptive cruise control fitted as standard, these cars ran out on 08 plates and are a bit cheaper.

08 Model year cars in SE-L do not have adaptive cruise or a sunroof fitted but do have the semi analine leather and wood steering wheel. You can tell these cars by the indicators in the door mirrors and the different front grill.

They do offer the sunroof and the adaptive cruise as a factory fitted extra but it costs £2835, no dealers will have a demo with this on because it adds no value to the car when they sell it on.

My advise would be to buy the 06 model if you want the adaptive cruise, or order a new one and shop for the best price

I have checked Auto Trader but they don't have Black with Black, and if they do, they are over the top on price.

I did test drive the pre-08 and the 08 models and I've learned about the differences between the models as you've described above.

This is why I have chosen to go for the 08 or later models and hope someone had checked the pre-crash system/Sunroof box on their order form.

I really don't want a pre-08 model even though it has the Adaptive Cruise Control.

I'm looking for the best of both worlds which is harder to come by!

Still looking!

JH

I think you need to be realistic. What you are describing is a virtually new car, in SE-L spec, which is hard to come by under any circustances. And you want to pay 10k under the new car price. It's just not going to happen. And you certainly won't be able to buy anything newer than 2008, unless you wait a few months. If the SE-L doesn't come with adaptive cruise, then I'm wondering what the attraction would be above a SE. A wooden steering wheel just wouldn't do it for me. I wanted a SE-L, mainly for the adaptive cruise, but declined because of the restricted headroom caused by the sunroof.

The car you describe is best bought new from a Lexus dealer. Under the current circumstances, why not try to get a good deal on a new car?

I think you need to be realistic. What you are describing is a virtually new car, in SE-L spec, which is hard to come by under any circustances. And you want to pay 10k under the new car price. It's just not going to happen. And you certainly won't be able to buy anything newer than 2008, unless you wait a few months. If the SE-L doesn't come with adaptive cruise, then I'm wondering what the attraction would be above a SE. A wooden steering wheel just wouldn't do it for me. I wanted a SE-L, mainly for the adaptive cruise, but declined because of the restricted headroom caused by the sunroof.

The car you describe is best bought new from a Lexus dealer. Under the current circumstances, why not try to get a good deal on a new car?

On the contrary, I have see several 2008 models but they always have one item missing such as a Black Interior or a Black Exterior.

I'm only looking at SE-L models and so there are some available if you look hard.

I just need to find the right combination from someone who may want to sell or is forced to sell.

Most of the ones I have seen, such as silver exterior go for around £31k-£33k.

I'm looking for a Black one with Adaptive CC.

It's definitely there somewhere but I can't find it.

JH

You need to be realistic.

If you don't change one of your options you won't get one at this time.

As said above a new one is £47k at discount £42.5k, so your only chance would be to phone / email each Lexus dealer and see if they have a demonstrator that is a year old that they will sell at your price.

As said above a new one is £47k at discount £42.5k, so your only chance would be to phone / email each Lexus dealer and see if they have a demonstrator that is a year old that they will sell at your price.

There are always private sellers who wish to sell their almost new cars. Look on the net for 2008 cars and you'll find plenty.

So when I look for a 2008 model GS450h, its the same thing and it's quite realistic to expect one to be available, albeit not in the colours and options of my choosing.

To prove my point, have a look on eBay and you'll see a couple of 2008 models.

JH

There are always private sellers who wish to sell their almost new cars. Look on the net for 2008 cars and you'll find plenty.

So when I look for a 2008 model GS450h, its the same thing and it's quite realistic to expect one to be available, albeit not in the colours and options of my choosing.

JH

Not sure I really understand your logic!!!! Several GS450h are available but you then state "albeit not in the colours and options of my choosing", so I assume that the car you say is available is actually NOT available currently but similar cars are ?

JH

Not sure I really understand your logic!!!! Several GS450h are available but you then state "albeit not in the colours and options of my choosing", so I assume that the car you say is available is actually NOT available currently but similar cars are ?

Yes, the argument presented is that a late model car is not available because no new owner would be willing to give it up etc..

So, my response to that is to show that they are indeed available, just not in the colour/option that I need.

JH

Yes, the argument presented is that a late model car is not available because no new owner would be willing to give it up etc..

So, my response to that is to show that they are indeed available, just not in the colour/option that I need.

JH

I think that what was being suggested was that since you seem unable presently, by your own admission, to source a car which meets your exact requirements then you may need to consider paying slightly more and try to get a dealer to supply your requirements with a substantial discount. I don't think that you get much success that way as your requirements being so precise would remove a lot of your bargaining power compared to trying for a car which is in stock.

Good luck in your search and a Happy Christmas to you.

Thanks,

the only problem is, if I pay any more, I may as well get a new car and I wanna avoid that.

I've spoken with several dealers for a good deal on a new car but none of them will budge below a certain point.

This is why I have elected to go for a 2008 model which is priced in the low £30k area.

Oh well, gotta keep looking.

JH

Thanks,

the only problem is, if I pay any more, I may as well get a new car and I wanna avoid that.

I've spoken with several dealers for a good deal on a new car but none of them will budge below a certain point.

This is why I have elected to go for a 2008 model which is priced in the low £30k area.

Oh well, gotta keep looking.

JH

A new SE-L with the adaptive cruise is a factory order car and would take 14-16 weeks to get to the uk. The other thing to think about is how few of these cars are sold each year in the UK. Lexus is going to sell a maximum of 459 new GS450h's in 2009 including all demo's, this is how many they are importing over. The chances of somebody having the same spec and colour that you want and is going to sell it after a couple of months and lose over ten grand are slim.

The GS540h will be fitted with the new smaller lighter ni mh hybrid Battery from the RX450h in 2009 which will increase the cars boot size carn't say any more on that at the moment :shutit:.

Could be a bit more money of some of the new cars in stock early next year but nothing availible in the spec you want.

Good luck finding what you want i know you will love it when you get it.