Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bad Service

Merry xmas everyone,

ordered an induction kit 8th December, 3 - 5 working days for delivery, and was told all parts not available but coming soon, waited and waited then got an email on the 23rd December stating the following:

hi

Posted first class....didnt have a house number...............

sent it to number 61

well I don't know about you , but how on earth can anyone send out a parcel with any random house number and expect me to receive it - unbeleiveable..........

they could even have asked for my number by email as that is how they responded to me with updates.

I ordered this from a well known source and was just wondering what you guys thought, I know it was getting close to xmas and they may have been busy, but I still find it very unprofessional to even think this would be ok.

still waiting

angry :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

May want to have a look here............at the details given to me..............you may notice something missing :whistling:

Customer: shaun daly

giffords cross avenue

corringham, ss177nj

essex, United Kingdom

Telephone Number: *********

E-Mail Address: shaun_daly88888

Shipping Address: shaun daly

giffords cross avenue

corringham, ss177nj

essex, United Kingdom

Billing Address: shaun daly

giffords cross avenue

corringham, ss177nj

essex, United Kingdom

Bit of background I ran out of 90 degree bends so had to get more in hence delay (they are a special type to fit under the bonnet)

Customer said that it was a X-Mas present so I emailed saying if the part came in i may drive over to deliver it do make X-Mas as it was I didnt get a response so went to POFF to post out.

When there POFF said the address needed a house number....I then noticed that the address was incomplete...........

PO said there were properties in the road as I had promised to try & get it there in time I told POFF to post to 61 and then emailed customer saying why I had done it.

Emails below.

Lesson learnt will not bother to go the extra mile agian.

Hi

The silicon tube is on its way prob held up in X-Mas post.

Where is Corringham near ?

May drop it over for you

Dave

ok mate just send it when ever its all ready.

shaun

Hello,

All ready to go.

Parcelfoce will not collect until 29/12

Will try post office

hi

Posted first class....didnt have a house number...............

sent it to number 61

I'd suggest with hindsight using the phone number given may have been a better course of action Dave.

was at POFF with no phone................was last post as well

Maybe if Mr Daly had filled the order form in correctly then we would not have had this conversation

Theres a clue where his house could be......a picture of the house in his banner lol. It's sometimes true, good intension are not always noticed. I think in this instance shauny should have double checked his address is completed fully, it's always easy to blame someone else for errors, but takes a real man to admit he is wrong. A phone call wouldn't have gone amiss here thou, after all thats why it's asked for in the form. I've used prolex before and im sure alot have and i for one have no problem with them, it's the time of year when there should be good will, just let this one go.

I'd suggest with hindsight using the phone number given may have been a better course of action Dave.

was at POFF with no phone................was last post as well

Maybe if Mr Daly had filled the order form in correctly then we would not have had this conversation

It's the seller's responsibility to make sure you receive the item. If they sent it to the wrong address then that's their fault, seeing as you have said you sent it to the wrong address its your fault, with hindsight you should not have sent it, not knowing the correct address :D

I realise you were trying to be helpful Dave, but why did you just guess a house number (unless there are reasons that you chose number 61 that you haven't posted ?) and send it ? Given it was a large item the senders could well have just refused it, or taken it and immediately listed it on eBay or something. I don't see how sending it to a random house would have helped ?

Obviously the original problem is the buyer not putting his house number into the order details though.