Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ls400 On Jeremy Clarkson "thriller" Dvd

Don't really know what his beef is with Lexus cars...any other manufacture that have a unparalleled reputation for build quality etc etc would be hailed the best. He's bangs on about Mercs being great....

Although, the Video was very mediocre...

Yep - He's and out and out showman and I don't think any of it is worth taking too seriously (I'm sure any GM/Vauxhall/dealer employees who relied on Vectra sales would disagree!).

I personally think he's very good value and I love his sheer front and brutal honesty, it would be very dull if he was waxing lyrical over everything. In any case, he doesn't knock everything, he loves the new Fiesta of all things!

Fiesta

Had a watch of it on youtube and it's a bit of a laugh (gets slotted under 'mindles wake up fodder' in my mind). It's not like there's a world shortage of lexi in the world either so meh.

On another note he has a point - the ls isn't exactly a pulse raiser - it's a decent tourer a comfy cruiser and a reliable daily, but deffo not exciting.

Had a watch of it on youtube and it's a bit of a laugh (gets slotted under 'mindles wake up fodder' in my mind). It's not like there's a world shortage of lexi in the world either so meh.

On another note he has a point - the ls isn't exactly a pulse raiser - it's a decent tourer a comfy cruiser and a reliable daily, but deffo not exciting.

I agree that the old LS are not to everyones taste. They are very conservative, but the new LS looks stunning in the right colour, add that to the Hybrid model and its a sweet motor that shifts some!

It is all the excitement I need at my age and still fills me with AWE with all the kids safe inside as I waft along with ridiculous acceleration and sure footed safety.

Nothing to knock there.

Clarkson? what did he ever design or build? Does he have any real right to say anything based on any real experience apart from ripping around in everything?

I think the series I-IV are the most beautiful cars bar none. 430s are a bit messy IMHO.

Understated clean aerodynamic......quiet, powerful.