Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Outside Temp Guage

04r1

Being new to IS ownership, I absolutely love the car (Y2K IS 200 Sport, Navigator, Aeropack) the only niggle my car has is a very annoying outside temp reading!! It is about -2c in the city tonight and the reading in the car is +8c!!! Since i've had it it's been about +10c on the normal temp. My reason for asking you knowledgeable lot is a) can it be adjusted or B) is it a new sender unit required and c) where is the sender unit?

Thanks in advance for your replies!!

Pete

The sensor is behind the front bumper. Look here for a diagram, which includes a description of how to test it. It doesn't mention anything about adjustment, so I assume that replacement is required if it is not working properly.

Hey, thanks a lot! Knew you lot would know. I thought it must be kerrrnackered! By the way, Steviewevie, where did you get that workshop manual, I need one of those..

Hey, thanks a lot! Knew you lot would know. I thought it must be kerrrnackered! By the way, Steviewevie, where did you get that workshop manual, I need one of those..

It's on the Internet, simply go http://www.bahamutcars.com/workshop/IS_98-...ents/index.html (think you might need to use Internet Explorer to make it work, not sure) :winky:

• 3 years later...

I'm sorry for dusting this topic off but seem to be having an issue with my outside temp display as well... All i get is "- -" displayed and i doubt it takes 20 minutes to pick up a good reading (it took me at least 20 mins to drive home from the lot where i bought the car from) is there any thing i can do to troubleshoot my temp display or lack of it rather?

Yr help and advice will be greatly appreciated