Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Short Shift Is200 Sport

Angrykid

Hello matey, Graham Goode racing used to sell the B&M Shortshifter kit for the is200, Quite a good price if i remember too?

I emailed them earlier about one, so just waiting for a reply to see if they still have any in stock and how much they are if they have?

So will post up when i get a reply :D

There's the TRD one out there too! I had the B+M and really liked it - lube the thing up before you put it in the car though or you'll have a car with a gearchange requiring either arms like Popeye or two hands to change gear!

The B+M one is much more notchy whereas the TRD was smoother - maybe a slightly longer throw but feels much more like stock.

Honestly can't remember fella, to be fair they're probably both like rocking horse **** nowadays but the B+M was the cheaper of the two!

Might be worth dropping Dave Prolex a PM and seeing if he can get hold of any - if not like most things now it'll be a case of keeping an eye on the second hand market!

they look okay...but would want a trd one..but dunno would not buy from them as no review so dont know how it is like.

will keep eye out for used ones

thanks mate

Ive had both B&M and the TRD one, the TRD is the better shifter in my opinion more OEM :D

Had both,

The B&M has a much shorter throw and shifting gives the feel of being in a race game.

B&M is nice if you regard your car as a toy but the missus will hate it and so will every other driver that just expects transport from a to b.

B&M makes a bit more noise but if you use load of thick grease it will stay within limits.

The TRD is right in the middle of standard and B&M.

Fantastic feel and just right for this type of car furthermore it adds no extra noises to the interior and it makes the "clunk" sound while shifting from first to second dissapear.

Think the TRD is the way to go. Only downside it's expensive (towards 275 pounds) and not that easy tp obtain.

P.s. stay away from the "waffenschmiede" shortshifter from eBay. It is cheaper but just a bad copy of the trd and it will cause trouble.

Has anyone got the Austrian made one as can't find a lot of info on it - only really this thread:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclu...c=6893&st=0

In all fairness the problems they're getting are exactly the same as you see with the B+M - any shortshifter will amplify vibrations that you get - mine used to vibrate in sixth, you could only just tell it was there with the standard shifter but the short shifter amplified it.

It's like anything really in terms of swings and roundabouts. You win some, you lose some!

@ d8driver - what sort of problems does it cause as I can't find much on this on the net?

Have you guys heard anything about the Powerhouse Racing SS shifter? I've sent the guys an email asking for price, and it leans towards 200 USD + shipping. Not quite that bad, but I do think I'll get a few more reviews first from more experienced owners.. :) Still just my 5th month with a beautiful car.. :)

Have you guys heard anything about the Powerhouse Racing SS shifter? I've sent the guys an email asking for price, and it leans towards 200 USD + shipping. Not quite that bad, but I do think I'll get a few more reviews first from more experienced owners.. :) Still just my 5th month with a beautiful car.. :)

Isn't that only for the manual IS300?

I have a B&M shifter floating about in the store room somewhere - i got it from Aido a few years back but took it off when my car went for swiss certification and I have never put it back on - i prefer the car with the standard gear shifter in all honesty

I have a B&M shifter floating about in the store room somewhere - i got it from Aido a few years back but took it off when my car went for swiss certification and I have never put it back on - i prefer the car with the standard gear shifter in all honesty

Haha someone buy that one then :D It was well looked after!

How much??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links