Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Question - Miles Remaining To Next Fill Up

Hi all. I have a new RX400h and am wondering how I can get the on board computer to show how many miles I have remainining to next fill up. I would have thought this was a fairly basic feature to show up on the LED display on dash.

I also have MM package. So if there is a way to show it on the multimedia screen, that would be useful to know too.

Thanks all.

Hi, welcome to LOC :)

I don't think Lexus usually include this function as there are way too many variables for it to give a really reliable figure.

This would also seem to back that up:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=28517

I never had it on the IS and I don't have it on the Aristo / GS either.

• Like 1

Hi, welcome to LOC :)

I don't think Lexus usually include this function as there are way too many variables for it to give a really reliable figure.

This would also seem to back that up:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=28517

I never had it on the IS and I don't have it on the Aristo / GS either.

That's strange. I have this feature on both a Honda and a BMW. Whilst neither are totally accurate, they are reliable enough to make them a useful feature to have.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Hi all. I have a new RX400h and am wondering how I can get the on board computer to show how many miles I have remainining to next fill up. I would have thought this was a fairly basic feature to show up on the led display on dash.

I also have MM package. So if there is a way to show it on the multimedia screen, that would be useful to know too.

Thanks all.

The feature is available on the Mk1 RX300 and the MKII GS but not on the RX400h. I think it is also available in the LS430

• Like 1

I find it very strange that the 400h doesn't provide this info on the Nav screen. All other RXs do as does the LS430, GS with Nav and SC.

Still you are not missing much the Lexus fuel computer is very inaccurate. Always give over on mpg figures and range always get to 0 with a lot of fuel still left in the tank.

• Like 1

Still you are not missing much the Lexus fuel computer is very inaccurate. Always give over on mpg figures and range always get to 0 with a lot of fuel still left in the tank.

I always brimfill and check fuel consumption. I have found that the figure shown on the OBC is within 0.5 mpg of my own calculations every time. I have previously had no time for these OBC mpg figures as they have never been remotely near to actual mpg. I assumed that the Lexus system was just a very accurate one but from your comments it would appear that I'm just lucky with the accuracy mine gives.

Must agree on range though. Often says 20 ish left and only get 50-60 ltrs into tank even though I brimfill.

• Like 1

I read that running an empty tank on a Hybrid can cause serious issues, not sure what, but probably best to make sure you start looking when you're a quarter full just so you never get any problems?

I wouldn't believe what the computer tells me anyway in terms of how many miles that I have left. The one in the LS430 seems to change it's mind all the time but the worst one is in the Nissan Micra. I remember coming back from Heathroe airport and trying to get to jct 25 on the M25. It said I had 50 miles till it ran out. By the time I got to jct 25 it said 10 miles. All of a sudden the 10 miles went to four flat lines and I had a nice coasting session into the BP garage just off the A10. Don't follow the screen, follow the needle instead.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links