Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Valuation In Of The Car ! What Do You Think?

Saraj

Well had the insurers inspect the car today and its a Grade B write off (Category B salvage is to be broken down for parts only) now with the information below how much do you reckon there have offered me ?

Lexus IS200

1999 T reg

114,000 miles

Full Lexus Dealer Service History

No previous damage to car

MOT August 2009

I bought it 4 months ago for 2795 pounds

Dont worry I wont let this topic go for long

What did you tell them the value of the car was when you insured it? Guessing £3000?

Don't they start really low with a stupid figure in the hopes you'll take it?

If so £1500 - but if they offered you what you insured for it straight away maybe £3000 or whatever price you told them?

What did you tell them the value of the car was when you insured it? Guessing £3000?

Don't they start really low with a stupid figure in the hopes you'll take it?

If so £1500 - but if they offered you what you insured for it straight away maybe £3000 or whatever price you told them?

well i told them it was worth 4000 for this very reason, but directline dont care unless its worth more then 40,000pounds, so whatever you put less then 40,000 makes no difference to premium or the claim,

and i accepted the first offer

there offered me 3000 pounds !

i was well chuffed, there said there look at glass guide, so i checked and paid 3.50 for that and that came back as 2,850 pounds, so 3,000 was excellent to me, maybe could have not accepted it, but thought i need to get it sorted quickly, especially with having a ford ka as a curtesy lol

there offered me 3000 pounds !

i was well chuffed, there said there look at glass guide, so i checked and paid 3.50 for that and that came back as 2,850 pounds, so 3,000 was excellent to me, maybe could have not accepted it, but thought i need to get it sorted quickly, especially with having a ford ka as a curtesy lol

should have held out for more

the moment you accept their offer you loose the courtesy car,

keep them going for a few weeks, so you can use the courtesy car to look for your new car :whistling:

sounds like you are happy anyway :D

true very true, ive got the hire car till friday anyhow, as agreed with enterprise, its hard to argue when i told them i bought it for 2795 and there offering 3000 thats why i left it.

yh very happy and looking at cars, look out for topics with opionions on cars. to look at this weekend