Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removing Oil Sump On Is200 ?

dazde

Hi,

IS200 '99 T plate

After getting my car back from the bodyshop with the bigends gone, it looks like I'll be doing the work myself.

Not something I'm thrilled about doing, as I tend not to work on cars much these days, but I figured I may aswell do it myself if I don't need to lift the engine (as I don't have an engine hoist any more, and raising it will probably need a load disconnecting).

Once I remove the splash guard underneath, can I remove the sump without lifting the engine ?

Also are big end shells easily sourced for these ?

Cheers,

Darren

Once the undercovers removed i *think* you can just undo the bolts, then pull it off (it'll have sealent holding it on)

Though seriously mate send it back to the garage as per your other thread.

Thanks.

The garage are refusing to accept any liability, and the insurance company now appeared to have closed the case as they believe it is in no way accident related. I'm still fighting the case, but it doesn't look hopeful - If I had a good solicitor I may stand a chance, but I don't want to risk running up a large legal bill, so I'm planning ahead and thinking I'll have to repair myself.

you'll find the shells will be graded

Not sure I know what you mean ? - I realise there's a good chance the crank will need grinding, in which case I'll need oversize shells. Do you know where I can source the shells ?

Thanks,

Darren

Once the undercovers removed i *think* you can just undo the bolts, then pull it off (it'll have sealent holding it on)

Though seriously mate send it back to the garage as per your other thread.

Thanks.

The garage are refusing to accept any liability, and the insurance company now appeared to have closed the case as they believe it is in no way accident related. I'm still fighting the case, but it doesn't look hopeful - If I had a good solicitor I may stand a chance, but I don't want to risk running up a large legal bill, so I'm planning ahead and thinking I'll have to repair myself.

if youve signed nothing then they cant close it.

I agree with Stav, if you haven't signed to say you've accepted the work has been done ok, then they have to make sure they sort things out.

What if the garage just delivered the car back to you and hadn't repaired the crash damage ? They couldn't just refuse to accept liability and have the insurance company close the case.

The garage might have told the insurance company it was all done and dusted, but unless you've agreed with that then the insurance company should still be involved too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links