Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing Sensors

morgz

Look really good.........now tempted to have a go myself.... few quick questions:

So did you spray them all over lightly or did you have to mask off any areas on the sensors?

Do they still work okay, are they still as sensative?

Where did you get the Lex paint from?

#

Cheers

Keith

Thanks Keith, I did what they said not to do and that was brush paint them.I think it was "ormi" that stated about not getting paint on the 'o'ring.Although I couldn't see any O ring there is a small groove which seperates the sensor from the body.Not wanting to get paint in this groove I decided to brush paint using 2 tins of Humbrol enamel and mix to match the colour as close as possible.I have since tried the operation of the sensors but cannot find any noticable difference.

If I can help anymore just ask.

Thanks.Darren.

p.s. I used the cut out piece of the bumper to take as a colour match.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome, that looks proper smart.

Don't mean to be the devils advocate but... it must be really noisy when you reverse now, with the parking sensor unit making noise aswell as the alert you get for putting the car in reverse??

Awesome, that looks proper smart.

Don't mean to be the devils advocate but... it must be really noisy when you reverse now, with the parking sensor unit making noise aswell as the alert you get for putting the car in reverse??

A small price to pay to save even the smallest of bumps! It is only for a few seconds where men are concerned lol! If you know what I mean.

Thanks for the feedback FiZiX.