Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing Sensors

morgz

At last I have fitted a set of 4 reversing sensors to my is200.

bought a set of sensors with LED distance meter & variable beeper from Maplins for £29.99.

It says on the box easy fit & it was.

I have put some pics in the gallery section but unfortunatly I have reached the limit & can only put 6 pics on.

If anyone is intrested I photographed the insall in stages and would be glad to help if I can.

The system looks good & works well.

Thanks to those who gave me advice earlier in the forum.

MORGZ.

i want to see some pics of this !

I put some in the gallery if you want to see more I can email them unless you can tell me how to download them on here?

easiest way, use hosting like imageshack, and then link it here using the feature buttons whilst you post comments

I may pop over to you as your just down the road lol and you can fit for me :rolleyes:

Ian

No problem. The first one is always the hardest one. Cant believe how easy it was & people actually charge extortionate ammounts of money for fitting!

Guest inicol63
I may pop over to you as your just down the road lol and you can fit for me :rolleyes:

Ian

No problem. The first one is always the hardest one. Cant believe how easy it was & people actually charge extortionate ammounts of money for fitting!

Sounds cool maybe i need to see your kit and then decide if this is the one.

May help the wife park the car lol ;)

Have you been along to any of the meets yet?

No I Haven't been to any meets yet. Missed the Ace Cafe just too busy this time of year. I got mine for the missus we had them as a factory fit in our last car & she got used to them. When we got the IS she put it in reverse and it started beeping like it had sensors but the beeps never got quicker when you got near anything she didn't know it was just to let you know you have selected reverse...I did laugh when she told me.. not.

Guest inicol63
No I Haven't been to any meets yet. Missed the Ace Cafe just too busy this time of year. I got mine for the missus we had them as a factory fit in our last car & she got used to them. When we got the IS she put it in reverse and it started beeping like it had sensors but the beeps never got quicker when you got near anything she didn't know it was just to let you know you have selected reverse...I did laugh when she told me.. not.

Don't we just love them.....?

Guest inicol63

Go to photobucket web site open a account.

Then go to your picture's on your system and down load them to photobucket.

When they have been down loaded to photobucket use the Use the "IMG code" link and paste that right in, no need to add anything else since it includes the tags already.

Hope this helps

Guest inicol63

Looks good !!!!

If you use the img code witch is the bottom code on photobucket then you will see the photo's on your thread.

How long did the whole fitting take from start to finish?

Also was it Maplins in Lakeside that you got the sensors from.

Looks good !!!!

If you use the img code witch is the bottom code on photobucket then you will see the photo's on your thread.

I took my time because I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing then things just fell into place.I also spent time tapeing all the wires and cable tying them to the existing loom.In all about 3.5 hours but I reckon I could do one again in half the time.

Yes the kit was from Maplins at Lakeside last week it was £39.99 now £29.99 maybe even cheaper in the new year.

Thanks. Darren.

Looks good !!!!

I took my time because I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing then things just fell into place.I also spent time tapeing all the wires and cable tying them to the existing loom.In all about 3.5 hours but I reckon I could do one again in half the time.

Yes the kit was from Maplins at Lakeside last week it was £39.99 now £29.99 maybe even cheaper in the new year.

Thanks. Darren.

looks good mate you done a good job and all the sensors look level!! thats bloody cheap at my work(toyota) lexus use the same system its 170 for the sensor fitting kit(inc's wirin,bleeper,tape,cable tie's and the sensor ecu) and a other 80 for the sensors!!!more if they come body coloured.

you wanna know the dealer time for fittin them...............0.9hrs start to finish!!!!you done good!!!!!! some of the tecs take all day too fit them and i'm not being funny!!! :blink:

Looks good !!!!

Thanks. Darren.

looks good mate you done a good job and all the sensors look level!! thats bloody cheap at my work(toyota) lexus use the same system its 170 for the sensor fitting kit(inc's wirin,bleeper,tape,cable tie's and the sensor ecu) and a other 80 for the sensors!!!more if they come body coloured.

you wanna know the dealer time for fittin them...............0.9hrs start to finish!!!!you done good!!!!!! some of the tecs take all day too fit them and i'm not being funny!!! :blink:

Cheers m8 i'm well pleased with them. I would't hesitate to fit another set or recomend DIY.I should be spraying them tomorrow a quality aerosol from Leonard Brooks is around £13.00. Thanks for the feedback

Darren(morgz)

how did you get them so level? any tips?

oh and wont spraying them make em think there right up against summat? i've heard that before and that it ruins them

I measured each one from the same point along the bumper.Measure down from the top lip, then measure up from the ridge at the bottom of the bumper. use tape to mark onto & that will also stop your drill slipping.DO NOT measure from the road surface. for spacing use the boot cath as a centre & work away approx 420mm from centre to centre.hope this helps.

Most sensors are made to be colour coded you may need to take the shine off with a scotch pad prior to spraying if in doubt check instructions or ask in shop when you buy.Most recomend spraying NOT brushing paint on.I'll let you know soon if it affects them....

Thanks. Darren.

how did you get them so level? any tips?

oh and wont spraying them make em think there right up against summat? i've heard that before and that it ruins them

I measured each one from the same point along the bumper.Measure down from the top lip, then measure up from the ridge at the bottom of the bumper. use tape to mark onto & that will also stop your drill slipping.DO NOT measure from the road surface. for spacing use the boot cath as a centre & work away approx 420mm from centre to centre.hope this helps.

Most sensors are made to be colour coded you may need to take the shine off with a scotch pad prior to spraying if in doubt check instructions or ask in shop when you buy.Most recomend spraying NOT brushing paint on.I'll let you know soon if it affects them....

Thanks. Darren.

painting will only affect the sensors if you put paint on the wee rubber ring that goes round the middle part of the sensor!toyota sensors have a plastic insert that you put in when paintin and remove once done.

hope that helps dude.

You've done a great job there mate. They will look brill when they're painted. I don't think they look that bad now actually. Spraying will be fine - it will take an awful lot of paint to stop the transducer working.

If anyone is doing this or if you are doing another one, to save you a bit of time and save drilling a hole for the sensor wires to pass through, if you pop the light cluster out (couple of nuts, just pulls off), you will see a nice big gap to behind the bumpers where you can bring the wires underneath the cluster itself, then you can pass them through the same grommet that the lighting wires pass through.

Look really good.........now tempted to have a go myself.... few quick questions:

So did you spray them all over lightly or did you have to mask off any areas on the sensors?

Do they still work okay, are they still as sensative?

Where did you get the Lex paint from?

#

Cheers

Keith